百万英镑英文版简介人物简介

百万英镑的英文简介_百度知道
百万英镑的英文简介
In 1903, American seaman Henry Adams (Gregory Peck) is stranded penniless in England and gets caught up in an unusual wager between two wealthy, eccentric brothers, Oliver (Ronald Squire) and Roderick Montpelier (Wilfrid Hyde-White). They persuade the Bank of England to issue a one million pound banknote, which they present to Adams in an envelope (only telling him that it contains some money). The reason for this is that Oliver believes that the mere existence of the note will enable the possessor to obtain whatever he needs, while Roderick contends that it would actually have to be spent for it to be of any use.Once Adams gets over the shock of discovering how much the note is worth, he tries to return it to the brothers, but is told that they have left for a month. He then finds a letter in the envelope, explaining the wager and promising him a job if he can avoid spending the note for the month.At first, everything goes as Oliver had predicted. Adams is mistaken for an eccentric millionaire and has no trouble getting food, clothes and a hotel suite on credit, just by showing his note. The story of the note is reported in the newspapers. Adams is welcomed into exclusive social circles, meeting the American ambassador and English aristocracy. He becomes very friendly with Portia Lansdowne (Jane Griffiths), the niece of the Duchess of Cromarty.Then, fellow American Lloyd Hastings (Hartley Power) asks him to back a business venture. Hastings tells Adams that he does not have to put
the mere association will allow Hastings to raise the money he needs to start up a gold mine by selling shares.Trouble arises when the Duke of Frognal (A. E. Matthews), who had been unceremoniously evicted from the suite Adams now occupies, hides the note as a joke. When Adams is unable to produce the note, panic breaks out amongst the shareholders and Adams' creditors. Fortunately, all is straightened out in the end, and Adams is able to return the note to the Montpelier brothers at the end of the month.
来自团队:
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
其他1条回答
In 1903, American seaman Henry Adams (Gregory Peck) is stranded penniless in England and gets caught up in an unusual wager between two wealthy, eccentric brothers, Oliver (Ronald Squire) and Roderick Montpelier (Wilfrid Hyde-White). They persuade the Bank of England to issue a one million pound banknote, which they present to Adams in an envelope (only telling him that it contains some money). The reason for this is that Oliver believes that the mere existence of the note will enable the possessor to obtain whatever he needs, while Roderick contends that it would actually have to be spent for it to be of any use.
Once Adams gets over the shock of d...
百万英镑的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁热门搜索:
当前位置:
百万英镑(插图·中文导读英文版)
所属类别:
产品简述:《百万英镑(插图版)(中文导读英文版)》精选了美国著名作家马克o吐温的短篇小说10篇,其中包括《坏小孩的故事》、《列车上的食人惨剧》、《白象被窃记》和《亚当&&
产品简述: 《百万英镑(插图版)(中文导读英文版)》精选了美国著名作家马克o吐温的短篇小说10篇,其中包括《坏小孩的故事》、《列车上的食人惨剧》、《白象被窃记》和《亚当与夏娃日记》等世界短篇小说文学宝库中的经典名篇。它们被翻译成各种文字,影响了一代又一代世界各地的读者,并且被改编成戏剧、电影、电视剧和卡通片等。 SMARTER图书频道提供大量最新图书,文学作品信息,您在了解的百万英镑(插图·中文导读英文版)是网络文学行业的知名品牌,聪明点为您精心挑选了此款百万英镑(插图·中文导读英文版)的相关销售商家信息,您可以在本页面轻...&&
推荐商家:
配送方式:中国邮政平邮、中国邮政挂号信件、中国邮政特快专递(EMS)、快递公司、送货上门
最低价格:
共计:5 家
百万英镑(插图·中文导读英文版)
本网站为购物搜索引擎,只提供各网站商品及服务信息链接,以商家实际信息为准!
沪ICP证B2-号&沪ICP备号百万英镑中你印象最深的人物 用英文写!60字左右就够了~
奴家贤狼0792
“我”来到裁缝店,托德以衣取人,对“我”表现得漫不经心,十分怠慢,对“我”十分轻视.当“我”因“身边没有带着零钱”而“胆怯”地请求他“通融通融”的时候,竟遭到他十分刻薄的嘲讽.当这一嘲讽引起“我”的“冒火”时,他的态度才“稍微”有所改变.作者的这些描写,目的是极力表现托德的势利眼和傲慢无礼.当“我”真的把钞票拿出来后,托德的态度发生了极大的变化.“笑容遍布满脸”,托德的见钱眼开,表现出了托德对金钱的贪婪.而当他向钞票瞟了一眼,发现是百万英镑时,他的“笑容马上牢牢凝结”,“变得毫无光彩”.作者对这一“凝结”的笑容作了细致的刻画,反映了托德此时的窘迫、难堪.作者就这样通过钞票拿出前和拿出后的强烈对比,通过人物的对话和神态的生动的描写,活脱脱地刻画出了托德市侩小人的形象.Todd"I" to tailor's shop, Todd to take clothes, to "I" played a very slight, the "I" is very despised. When "I" for "side with no change" and "fear" to ask him "accommodation accommodation", but he was very mean sarcasm. When this taunt cause "I" "fly off the handle", his attitude to "slightly" change. The author of these description, the purpose is to show the Todd snob and disrespectful.When I really put the money out, Todd attitude has undergone great changes. "Smile face all over," Todd's worship the golden calf, showed Todd the greed for money. And when he glanced at the money, and found that is pounds, he "smile immediately firmly setting", "no more glorious". The author of the "setting" smile made a detailed description, which reflects the Todd at this time of distress and embarrassment. The author so through the bill before and after took out a strong contrast, through the characters' dialogue and manner of vivid description, should be to depicted the image of the small tradesmen Todd.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码打开微信扫一扫
孔网客户端
安卓版苹果版扫描下载
百万英镑(英文版)
(货号:M212)
开&&&&&&本:32开
页&&&&&&数:
字&&&&&&数:
I&&S&&B&&N:
售&&&&&&价:20.00元
品&&&&&&相:
运&&&&&&费:辽宁省沈阳市于洪区
挂号印刷品:5.00元
上书时间:
购买数量:
(库存1件)
商品分类:
详细描述:
暂无详细描述。
&乐淘书廊&的图书大多数是本人多年来收藏的。文史类居多。也有地摊买来的旧书。品相不一,所定品相只供参考。对品相要求很高的藏家。请绕行。书是知识的载体,不是一般观赏品。只重外表对内容不感兴趣,我把这看成是对书籍的亵渎。本人希望通过孔网平台;以书交友,善意交流,增进智识。欢迎同好多多光临!
Copyright(C)
孔夫子旧书网
京ICP证041501号
海淀分局备案编号
购物车共有0件商品,合计:0.00元
商品已成功添加到收藏夹!【图文】unit 3 百万英镑Reading_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
unit 3 百万英镑Reading
上传于||暂无简介
大小:8.46MB