Includes 17 Steam Achievements
Title: Wallpaper Engine
Genre: , , ,
Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 10 Oct, 2016
What the developers have to say:
Why Early Access?
&Early Access will allow me to ensure stability and compatibility for a wider range of systems and focus on expanding features that users need the most. Since a multitude of wallpaper types are supported, I need to figure out which kind of wallpapers are most commonly used and then prioritize further developing those and making them as good as they can be.&
Approximately how long will this software be in Early Access?
&Until about early 2017.&
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
&The full version will include more wallpapers and features. There is no specific plan on how many wallpapers and which features will be added, as that will depend on the feedback gathered during early access.&
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
&The current version of Wallpaper Engine includes 13 wallpapers, Steam Workshop support, an editor to create wallpapers of any kind and a multitude of options to tweak and personalize the application. Everything required for a first release is available and the application should be working well.&
Will this software be priced differently during and after Early Access?
&Yes! The price during Early Access is a little bit lower than the final price to accommodate the additional content and improved overall experience that will be added during the Early Access period. If you purchase the application now, you will not have to pay anything extra after Early Access - you will get all new content and improvements as they are being added now.&
How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
&The community will help shaping Wallpaper Engine through the Steam Forums and built-in feedback methods in the application. The future of Wallpaper Engine will be based on which kind of wallpapers are received well and which additional new features Workshop creators could make use of.
Finally, in case you are experiencing any bugs or problems, I will assist you and work on resolving the issue as soon as possible.&
Buy Wallpaper Engine
Recent updates
Solutions for common issues in Steam/WindowsHello all,this update fixes a few issues and makes some minor improvements to the recent features that were added, none of the big next tasks are included yet. If you have Windows 7, some of the fixes require the update
from 2011 to be installed in order to really work - but you most likely have it installed already.ChangelogFixesFixed grey wallpapers due to external DLLs overwriting the DLL directory (requires the Windows 7 update mentioned before).Fixed applied wallpaper not reloading if 'apply wallpaper' is continuously used in the editor.Fixed model textures failing to be referenced by the model correctly if they contain three or more slashes.Fixed new wallpaper drag & drop creation in editor failing when extension is written upper case.Reduced updater restart issues by allowing more time for a gentle shutdown to complete.MiscRenamed 'video audio output' to 'audio output' and made it affect scene type wallpapers with audio too.Disabled scene audio post processing for analog recording devices.Tweaked scene audio post processing to be less erratic and separated frequencies more.Made audio options for pulse effect easier to set up and added audio response to shake effect.Added bounds and direction to shake effect, this may be useful to create some kind of eye blink animation now, if the source image allows for it this way.
Solutions for common issues in Steam/WindowsTL;DRScene audio playback + responsive effects, easier wallpaper creation, mute button in tray menu, easier particle editing, CEF updated, new wallpapers in store, report options adjusted to be more efficientHey all,a new patch for Wallpaper Engine has been released that adds a number of new features. Creating wallpapers has become easier now, scenes have support for audio playback + audio responsiveness and a mute button has been added to the tray menu among other things.Scene Audio Playback/Response SupportLooping music and random sounds can now be added to scenes. There are buttons in the usual places to add sounds, but you can also drag a supported file (mp3, ogg, wav, flac) into the wallpaper.I implemented SFML2 and mpg123 to accomplish this, it was possible thanks to the mp3 patents being revoked last year. And to accomodate for the license of mpg123, the code for this is open source and can be separately compiled: Several particle behaviors now have options to react to audio. That means for example particles could emit according to the sound level or apply different forces.Random particle video example: The pulse image effect has also received an audio response option. This allows you to make the image pulse based on the same audio properties.Easier Particle EditingParticles have now received a second layer of controls that is easier to adjust, so there is now a way to change basic things without having to use the fullfledged particle editor.CEF UpdateThe CEF version used by Wallpaper Engine has been updated to 3.. I have tested dozens of web wallpapers and did not notice any errors myself, if you find anything, please let me know. It is inevitable that something might be affected, but Valve made it possible for me to fix existing uploads from other users now, that's a better option than ceasing to update the browser engine.New Store WallpapersTwo more wallpapers have been accepted to the store front:There are tons of other great submissions, but so many of the uploads are copyright violations. I would like to accept more, specifically scene and web type wallpapers where I can see that no copyright is being violated or there is a way for me to ensure that.Mute ButtonThe tray menu now has a mute button, which works for native videos and scene wallpapers. Sadly web and application wallpapers are not handled right now, much like the audio detector does not handle them yet.New Favorite/Up Voted QueriesThe Workshop page now has a 'my favorites' and 'voted up' query. This will allow you to remember/track wallpapers you like without actually subscribing to them all. So for example, if you are having trouble with Steam's downloading, you could track wallpapers here and only subscribe to the ones you are actually using at the time.The filter menu has also been changed to allow for selection of multiple resolutions/types etc.And finally, the 'installed' tab now has pagination with 500 wallpapers per page. So if you have thousands of wallpapers, the performance of the menu should be better now, since not all wallpapers will be listed at once anymore.Report SystemI have made adjustments to the report system based on what kind of reports I've been getting. The 'content rating' category has been renamed to 'nudity/violence' and the 'offensive' category has been removed. This was to accomodate for the following big issues:Most reports in the default 'genre' category were random with comments like 'doesn't download'. I know, Steam's download system can be buggy, but this is only fixable by Valve, I cannot do anything with these kinds of reports and they were cluttering up the genre category.Many reported nudity content as 'offensive'. If these reports are split between two different categories, it makes it more difficult to process for me. The 'offensive' category is just too generic, most of the reports in there didn't belong there at all. So now I made the nudity report category easier to find and actual offensive wallpapers should be reported through the 'other' category - they are usually very easy to discern from the preview or title.Easier Wallpaper CreationYou can now create a new wallpaper by taking your base background file and Wallpaper Engine will figure out the rest. For 2D scenes, the image will also automatically be imported and a proper scheme color set. Web wallpapers now just have to select the base .html file, it can have any name, instead of a folder with an index.html. The wallpaper type selection was replaced with a single button, it's now automatic:Leaving Early Access + Next UpdatesIt's about time I remove the Early Access flag and I think some time (weeks?) after the next big Windows 10 update would be convenient, to ensure everything still works well on there. What I still want to implement for this beforehand:Mirror layout for multi-monitor (this is difficult to implement for all types of wallpapers and many have different expectations to how this works. I will have to experiment and release the best solution I can realize.)Workshop 'explore' tab (maybe): I want to use my own server alongside Steam's systems to pick users and collections and show their wallpapers in a thematic fashion.There is still no visible progress on better support for models. The current Adobe FBX SDK is incompatible with Wallpaper Engine and I can't uproot the entire program to accomodate for this. To my knowledge they are working on a compatible version (VS2017) but there is no ETA on it. If any of you have an idea or experience with a good model importer I should check out, please let me know. For now I won't give any ETAs on this anymore until I really know for sure that I've found a basic working importer.Full changelogAdditionsAdded new editor welcome dialog for easier wallpaper creation.Added optional system wallpaper fade killer to remove fade when logging in or from the slideshow.Added native image compression to reduce size on disk for large PNGs and JPEGs (does not affect memory use or performance since these compressions cannot be handled by graphics hardware anyway).Added pagination to installed tab for 500 wallpapers per page.Added sound playback to scenes with support for mp3, wav, ogg, flac.Added DirectX support detection to installer and a warning if requirements aren't met. (NOT a new requirement!!!! It's only a message.)Added scene particle instance controls for easier editing of basic properties.Added 'my favorites' and 'upvoted' Workshop queries.Added mute button to tray menu.Added more 'filtered' labels to make it more obvious that filters are active and not all wallpapers are shown.Added audio processing options to pulse image effect.Added audio processing options to several particle elements (emitters, initializers, operators).Added basic audio smoothing and normalization to scene audio processor.Updated CEF to version cef_binary_3..gaabe4c4_windows32_minimal.FixesFixed unreliable Media Foundation init/shutdown by only performing it on application shutdown now.Fixed crash in audio detector when it is reset.Fixed effect list overflowing visually.Fixed service running without environment block, causing web links to fail.Fixed maximized/fullscreen muting.Fixed mip map generation pixel artifacts.Fixed particle simulation crash due to missing alignment of a variable.Fixed Workshop pagination breaking when Steam returns bad data.MiscChanged worker to clear desktop layer when 'stop' is used instead of leaving an undefined image behind (it was black or random for some).Replaced filter drop downs with checkboxes, so now it can be filtered by combination of any options.Made texture compiler apply color bleeding to deal with Photoshop's inconvenient png export of fully translucent pixels - reduced weird outlines in PNGs.Made Steam ticket request a refresh from Valve's servers if it was invalid during reports.Changed download icons to read 'Steam download', trying to make it even more obvious that Steam is responsible for how this works. Also added a question mark with a link to a guide on how to deal with Steam's download problems.Replaced default report category to 'other' and removed 'offensive' to try reduce all of the wrong reports.
Report bugs and leave feedback for this software on the discussion boards
About This Software
Wallpaper Engine enables you to use live wallpapers on your Windows desktop. Various types of wallpaper are supported, including 3D and 2D animations, websites, videos and even certain applications. Choose an existing wallpaper or create your own and share it on Steam Workshop!Bring your desktop alive with realtime graphics, videos, applications or websites.Personalize your wallpapers with your favorite colors.Use interactive wallpapers that can be controlled with your mouse.Support for many aspect ratios and native resolutions including 16:9, 21:9, 16:10, 4:3.Support for multi monitor environments.Wallpapers will pause while playing games.Create your own wallpapers with the Wallpaper Editor.Animate new live wallpapers from static images or import HTML or video files for the wallpaper.Use the Steam Workshop to share your wallpapers.Wallpaper Engine can be used in parallel to any other Steam game or application.Supported video formats: mp4, WebM (Workshop); mp4, WebM, avi, m4v, mov, wmv (local files).Wallpaper Engine aims to deliver an entertaining experience while using as few system resources as possible. To not distract or hinder you while playing a game or working, you can choose to automatically pause or completely stop the wallpaper while using another application or playing fullscreen (including borderless windowed mode). Various options to tweak quality and performance exist to make Wallpaper Engine suit your needs. As a general rule of thumb, 3D, 2D and video based wallpapers will perform best, while websites and applications will require more resources from your system. Having a dedicated GPU is highly recommended, but not required.The Steam Workshop integration will allow you to share your own wallpapers with the Steam community. Using the Wallpaper Editor, you can create 3D and 2D wallpapers by importing pictures or 3D models and textures. Video, web and application wallpapers are created by simply importing your files into the editor and pushing them to Workshop as a wallpaper. All wallpapers on Workshop are ready-to-use and can either be distributed for free or a price of your choice.
System Requirements
Minimum:OS: Windows 7 (with Aero), 8.1, 10Processor: 1.66 GHz Intel i5 or equivalentMemory: 1024 MB RAMGraphics: HD Graphics 4000 or aboveDirectX: Version 10Storage: 512 MB available spaceAdditional Notes: Windows N versions require the 'Media Feature Pack' from Microsoft. Aero must be enabled on Windows 7. High contrast mode is not supported. Max video res. Windows 8, 10: 4K, Windows 7: 1080p
Recommended:OS: Windows 8.1, 10Processor: 2.0 GHz Intel i7 or equivalentMemory: 2048 MB RAMGraphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, AMD HD7870, 2 GB VRAM or aboveDirectX: Version 11Storage: 1024 MB available space
Copyright (C) 2016 Kristjan Skutta
Royalty free music used in trailer:
Ooh Hey by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Night Rave by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Artist: http://audionautix.com/
Exit the Premises by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Source: http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/index.html?isrc=USUAN1500029
Artist: http://incompetech.com/
More like this
High Volume of Reviews Detected:
Overall Reviews:
Overwhelmingly Positive
(42,543 reviews)
Recent Reviews:
Overwhelmingly Positive
(1,769 reviews)
Review Type
All&(45,309)
Positive&(43,965)
Negative&(1,344)
Purchase Type
All&(45,309)
Steam Purchasers&(42,543)
Other&(2,766)
All Languages&(45,309)
Your Languages&(13,968)
Only Specific Range (Select on graph above)&nbsp
Exclude Specific Range (Select on graph above)&nbsp
Display As:
Most Helpful
Review Beta NEW!
When enabled, will sort reviews by new Helpfulness score. Read more about it in the .
Show graph &
Hide graph &
Review Helpfulness Beta Enabled
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
There are no more reviews that match the filters set above
Adjust the filters above to see other reviews
Loading reviews...
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
View mobile websiteSteamVR Home界面更新,你想要的成就奖杯来了!
SteamVR Home近期进行了一次重要升级,加入了数个经过改良的用户自定义选项,包括“奖杯(Trophies)”以及使用截屏或艺术品装饰用户空间的功能。同时,一款内含大量互动挑战内容的全新“拳击台”主页场景也向用户开放。
SteamVR信息流的一条信息介绍了更详尽的情况,该公众测试版(任何想要入手的用户都可通过SteamVR的属性面板获得)目前为用户提供了更多种对个人空间进行自定义的方式。与该公众测试版同时更新的还有Steam Audio,可通过头相关变换函数(HRTF)产生更为逼真的空间音效。
“奖杯”可被置于个人空间中的任何地方,这是一种将用户的游戏成就以奖杯的形式实际呈现出来的方法,所展示的内容根据用户的游戏成就变化。另外,这些奖杯也可被用作快速进入某款游戏的快捷方式,十分简洁方便。
Things菜单目前包含了用于装饰空间墙壁的“截屏”和“艺术品”选项;用户可以使用任何已上传的图片,不过需将该图片设为对公众开放。鉴于用户也可在Things菜单中找到主要的SteamVR面板并将其置于任何地方,任何场景都可作为主页空间,而这让玩家能够创建可快速访问朋友、游戏及其他内容的个人空间。
Valve正鼓励玩家创建更多场景,而全新的“拳击台”场景正是新款主题空间的一个生动实例,此外该场景还包含数款小游戏。拥有创新思维的开发者还可了解大量新教程,这些教程介绍了创建自定义场景的基本方法,而随后更多详细教程还将被陆续推出。
来源:青亭网
责任编辑:
声明:本文由入驻搜狐号的作者撰写,除搜狐官方账号外,观点仅代表作者本人,不代表搜狐立场。
砍柴网正式启动「火焰奖」2017中国互联网年度创新榜单评选。
新智派(Knewsmart.com)全球智能科技圈的新媒体平台,致力于引领智能科技生活未来
今日搜狐热点Steam客服改善更新并增加专门统计页面_网易数码
Steam客服改善更新并增加专门统计页面
用微信扫码二维码
分享至好友和朋友圈
(原标题:Steam客服改善更新并增加专门统计页面)
摘要:Valve旗下Steam平台的客户服务的口碑一直被玩家诟病,网络也有许多报道和前员工曝料称客户服务非常糟糕。为了改善这点Steam在近期进行了相当多的改进,在最新的博文中Valve分享了具体的Steam客服改进措施,并且开辟了一个专门的Steam
客服统计数据网页,用户可以及时查看客服解决请求的状态。博文内容:STEAM 客服更新与统计页面多年来我们不断收到用户反馈,希望我们继续努力改进 Steam 客服。一如既往,我们的目标是推动 Steam 不断进步并全面创造更好的用户体验。我们希望大多数人在 Steam 的体验从一开始就不会遇到任何问题,也没有联系客服的需要。然而,我们深知总会有出现问题的时候,那时您就需要得到实际工作人员的帮助。我们在过去几年中一直努力致力于不断改善 Steam 客服,从而使用户体验尽可能顺畅满意。我们全面调整了客服网站,建立了更好的整合工具,不再要求使用一个单独的帐户联系客服,同时也增加了客服人员。我们还尽力修复了各种问题,并在适合的地方新增了自助服务选项。今天,随着 Steam 客服统计页面的推出,我们力图在满足用户需求、获得客服支持方面提高用户体验的透明度。我们相信增加透明度不仅能帮助用户了解我们的进度,而且还有助于我们持续不断的自我完善。客服请求与积压请求在统计页面上,您首先看到的是需要我们的客服人员处理的已提交的帮助请求数量曲线,下面是客服人员尚未回复的积压表单曲线。截至今日,您可以看到我们大约每天收到75,000件帮助请求。而目前大部分时候待回复的表单每天约为8,000件。我们努力通过增加客服人员并改进流程来做到这一点。图中显示,今年早些时候我们曾有超过50,000件积压请求,这意味着我们需要几乎一整天的时间来处理未回复的积压请求。我们未来的目标是继续减少积压的客服表单,并能够在几个小时而不是几天之内回复所有请求。帮助请求类别与回复时间每天 75,000 件帮助请求听起来不是个小数目,但是您有必要知道,这些请求多数都能在几小时内得以解决。我们在统计页面上的曲线图下,列出了收到的部分请求类型及常见等待时间。这些常见等待时间显示了 90% 及以上的请求收到回复的时间范围。在统计页面上,您还可以看见大量的帮助请求实际上与我们的退款政策相关。我们能够向有正当理由的用户提供退款。对这一点,我们非常自豪(请参见我们退款政策)。我们认为,我们的政策即对用户有利,又对平台有益。我们很高兴能够在几小时内对绝大多数的退款请求作出回复。帮助请求的下一个大类是帐户安全与恢复请求。这些请求包罗万象,从简单的用户遗忘密码,到用户受到钓鱼欺诈或帐户被人劫持。我们一直在致力于改进自助服务,使用户能自助解决帐户恢复的部分问题,同时也不断推动用户采用 Steam 令牌与 Steam 手机验证器等安全功能。我们收到的需要人工处理的请求则可能更为复杂棘手,因此等待时间有时会更长。然而,我们很高兴能够告诉大家,我们已经将这些请求的等待时间,从过去的许多请求需要超过一周,缩短到现在的 98% 的请求不超过 24 小时。持续改进
我们希望您会对新的客服统计页面感兴趣。请告诉我们您在 Steam 客服处获得的体验。我们知道,只缩短顾客等待时间与积压客服表单并不足够,我们也同时致力于不断提升顾客与客服的每一次交流。为了这个目标,我们持续在人员、培训、流程方面进行投入。我们相信已经有了很大改善,但是我们还有更多工作要做。请在 http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/上告诉我们您的意见与建议。我们的持续目标是不分领域地改进 Steam 用户体验,这也包括我们的顾客服务。我们相信透过这些数据的分享,我们将能够提早发现问题,以找出需改进之处,并最终为用户创造更好的客服经验。Steam客服统计页面
本文来源:cnbeta网站
责任编辑:韩一冰_NT3945
用微信扫码二维码
分享至好友和朋友圈
加载更多新闻
热门产品:   
:        
:         
热门影院:
阅读下一篇
用微信扫描二维码
分享至好友和朋友圈