in your enterprise in conjunction with Mobile Device Management software. If
so, work with your administrator to abide by device management rules since
these rules may include restricting VPN access to a set of approved
applications. Your organization may provide additional documentation on using
AnyConnect for
Android App Store provides the application for
initial installation and all upgrades. The Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance
(ASA) is the secure gateway that admits access to the VPN, but it does not
support updates of AnyConnect for mobile devices.
Open Software
License Notices
This product
includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL
Toolkit (http://www.openssl.org/).
This product
includes cryptographic software written by Eric Young ().
This product
includes software written by Tim Hudson ().
Supported Android
supports the Samsung product lines listed below. Samsung rebrands devices in
these product lines for each mobile service provider. These devices must be
running the latest software update from Samsung.
Galaxy Tab
devices with Intel Processors must use the
Galaxy Tab 7 (WiFi only)
Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus & 7.7
Conquer 4G
Galaxy Tab 8.9
Galaxy Appeal
Galaxy Tab 10.1
Galaxy Beam
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Galaxy Exhilarate
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Galaxy Mini
Galaxy Note
Galaxy Xcover
Galaxy Note II
Galaxy Y Pro
Galaxy Note III
Galaxy Note 10.1
Galaxy Rush
Stratosphere
Galaxy S II
Stratosphere II
Galaxy S III
Transform Ultra
Galaxy S 4
Galaxy S 5
Galaxy Stellar
HTC Devices
supports the HTC product lines listed at .
Devices must be running the minumum software required. Go to Settings & About phone & Software information & Software number to determine the software number running on your device.
is available from Amazon for the Kindle Fire HD devices,
and the New Kindle Fire. Anyconnect for Kindle is supported by the Android VPN
Framework and is equivalent in functionality to the AnyConnect ICS+ package
Android VPN
Framework Devices
VPN connectivity supported by the Android VPN Framework (AVF) in Android 4.0
(Ice Cream Sandwich) or later.
The AVF provides
only basic VPN connectivity. The AnyConnect client, dependent upon these basic
VPN capabilities, is unable to provide the full set of VPN features available
in the brand-specific packages.
Cisco recommends
the AVF AnyConnect client for unsupported devices running Android 4.0 or later.
Supported devices should use the brand-specific AnyConnect client regardless of
the version of the Android operating system.
Install the Android
AnyConnect Application
AnyConnect for
Android is available for download only from the Android Market. You cannot
download it from the Cisco website or after connecting to a secure gateway.
ProcedureStep 1
Determine if
your device is one of the supported devices and install the appropriate
brand-specific AnyConnect package.
Cisco provides
brand-specific AnyConnect packages that offer full-featured VPN connections for
these devices. These brand-specific AnyConnect clients are provided in
partnership with the device vendors and are the preferred AnyConnect clients
for supported devices.
package applies to devices produced or upgraded after September 2011. If an
install attempt results in one of the following error messages, you must
upgrade your device to install AnyConnect:
"Installation Error: Unknown
reason -8"
"Incompatible with other
application(s) using the same shared user ID."
Determine if
your device is running Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later to install
This AnyConnect
client offers VPN connectivity supported by the Android VPN Framework (AVF) in
Android 4.0 or later. AVF provides only basic VPN connectivity. The AnyConnect
AVF client, dependent upon these basic VPN capabilities, is unable to provide
the full set of VPN features available in the brand-specific packages.
AnyConnect
ProcedureStep 1
AnyConnect Icon to start the AnyConnect app.
If this is the
first time that you are starting AnyConnect after installing or upgrading,
accept the displayed End User License Agreement to continue.
VPN Connection to configure a connection entry. See
for details.
(Optional)Tap
Menu and choose:
Statistics, to
view summary and detailed statistics about the current active VPN connection.
Settings, to
specify AnyConnect application preferences. See
Diagnostics, to
carry out the following diagnostic activities:
logging an see
About, to view
AnyConnect version and license information. See
Exit, to exit
AnyConnect. See
What to Do Next
Follow instructions
provided to you by your administrator to configure and establish a VPN
connection to your network.
Was this Document Helpful?
Let Us Help
(Requires a )
Related Support Community DiscussionsAccess denied | pocketnow.com used Cloudflare to restrict access
Please enable cookies.
What happened?
The owner of this website (pocketnow.com) has banned your access based on your browser's signature (3fdfde-ua98).Apple iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5
Manufacturers
Phone tools
Phone finder
New phones
Popular phones
Compare phones
Size compare
Best phones
Camera comparison
Benchmarks
Manufacturers
Tablet tools
Tablet finder
New tablets
Popular tablets
Compare tablets
Benchmarks
Apple iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5
IntroductionYou don't have to be a techie to know that
have been going at it for what is closing in on half a decade now. And yet, despite the undeniable reality of their rivalry, it's been a while since the two giants have had products that are as closely matched as are the new
and the now aging . And yes, we're mainly talking about their size, as that has historically been one of the key differences that split the crowd into team Apple and team Samsung. But now, with the 4.7-inch
6, Apple has finally given up on its insistence that smaller is always better, and has attacked a position that Samsung, it seems to us, is very well-equipped to defend – after all, making big
devices is something of a specialty with the South Korean company. But does that mean that Apple is headed for a certain defeat? Read on to find out.DesignFew will contend that the iPhone 6 has looks on its side, but the Galaxy S5 is a more practical buy, with its water- and dust-resistant body and removable battery.Once you've put the iPhone 6 and the Galaxy S5 side-by-side, it's impossible not to appreciate the differences that, historically, have characterized the two companies' approaches towards design. With Apple, sleek industrial looks have, traditionally, stood at the center, while Samsung has been far more conservative, even practical, and both these takeaways apply to their latest flagships.The new iPhone 6, for example, while an evolution in Apple design when compared with the iPhone 5s, retains the customary all-aluminum unibody – it's just a literally more rounded take on the authentic iPhone look. We were kind of surprised, though, to see Apple go for a camera sensor that protrudes from the back of the new iPhone – a first with Apple. We're not actually worried about scuffing that one – it's protected with sapphire glass, after all – but it does prevent the iPhone 6 from laying flat, which can be seen as a mild annoyance. As pointed out, Samsung has taken a different approach towards the Galaxy S5's design. For starters, the company has used more pedestrian materials with the body of the GS5 – like polycarbonate plastic and a leather-like, soft-touch plastic for the dotted back. The S5 is also IP67-certified, which means that it is dust-proof and resistant towards damaging ingress of water for up to 30 minutes when submerged in up to a meter of water.Handling either of the two devices is a pleasure, though we're sure some of you will prefer the cool touch of aluminum with the iPhone 6 – keep in mind, however, that the metal provides less surface friction, so the Apple flagship is more slippery when compared with the Galaxy S5. Moving on, it's also important to consider the physical footprint of both devices: the iPhone 6 is shorter, narrower, slimmer, and lighter, but it also comes with an 18% smaller screen. Lastly, we're glad to see that while the volume rocker and silencer switch still reside on the left, Apple has placed the power button on the right side of the , so you won't have to reach for the top. Bar the silence switch on the iPhone 6, the Galaxy S5 has an identical layout, and though its plasticky buttons provide excellent feedback, they can't quite compare with the precision-crafted, metal pieces used with the iPhone 6.
5.44 x 2.64 x 0.27 inches
138.1 x 67 x 6.9 mm
4.55 oz (129 g)
5.59 x 2.85 x 0.32 inches
142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm
5.11 oz (145 g)
To see the phones in real size or compare them with other models, visit our
DisplayFinally! A big iPhone screen, and an excellent one at that. In comparison, the Galaxy S5's gaudy colors are off-target, but it recovers some lost points with its larger, more-detailed screen.
In a very big way, the 4.7-inch screen on the iPhone 6 is its highlight feature. Indeed, after bumping the diagonal length from 3.5 to 4 inches with the iPhone 5, and sticking with that with the iPhone 5s, Apple finally addresses the market's demand for a larger-screened iPhone. In order to keep up with its self-imposed “Retina” threshold, the company has also bumped up the resolution of the IPS panel, and it now reads 750 x 1334 pixels – or good for 326 ppi, which is sufficient for a very clear image. With the Galaxy S5, we're looking at a notably larger (17.7%), 5.1-inch display with a crisp resolution of 1080 x 1920, or 432 pixels per inch. The panel is of the Super AMOLED type, with all its advantages and disadvantages baked in.Taking a closer look at the iPhone 6's display, we find that peak brightness has been improved over the iPhone 5s, and can now reach the very excellent figure of 606 nits – more than enough for a superb viewing experience even under direct sunlight. Minimum brightness, at 7 nits, is also decent and won't burn your eyes off if you're looking at the screen in a dark environment. In comparison, the Galaxy S5's screen peaks at the decent 442 nits of brightness, and goes as low as 2 nits – great for reading in the bed.Moving onto color accuracy, we're looking at very accurate colors for the most part with the iPhone 6. Certain hues (green, yellow) trail their target values fairly closely, though reds are slightly less saturated than ideal. The IPS screen's color temperature is rather cold, at 7162 K (6500 K is the reference point), and that translates into a slight bluish overcast that is nevertheless hardly noticeable after a while. Lastly, at 2.23 on average, gamma is excellent. The situation is quite different with the Galaxy S5. For example, the panel's color temperature of nearly 8200 K means that it's quite cold (or bluish), and the color errors are not trivial. As you can see from the chart below, all this techno talk translates into hues that are significantly over-saturated across the board, and just incorrect on the whole. In fact, even if you substitute the default Standard display mode on the GS5, and go for Cinema instead (less incorrect), the gap will still be there.
Display measurements and quality
Maximum brightness
(nits)Higher is better
Lower is better
Higher is better
Lower is better
Lower is better
606(Excellent)
1:1563(Excellent)
7162(Good)
2.79(Good)
2(Excellent)
unmeasurable(Excellent)
8183(Poor)
5.08(Average)
7.38(Average)
The numbers below represent the amount of deviation in the respective property, observed when a display is viewed from a 45-degree angle as opposed to direct viewing.
Maximum brightness
Lower is better
Lower is better
Lower is better
Lower is better
Lower is better
Lower is better
Lower is better
unmeasurable
The CIE 1931 xy color gamut chart represents the set (area) of colors that a display can reproduce, with the sRGB colorspace (the highlighted triangle) serving as reference. The chart also provides a visual representation of a display's color accuracy. The small squares across the boundaries of the triangle are the reference points for the various colors, while the small dots are the actual measurements. Ideally, each dot should be positioned on top of its respective square. The 'x: CIE31' and 'y: CIE31' values in the table below the chart indicate the position of each measurement on the chart. 'Y' shows the luminance (in nits) of each measured color, while 'Target Y' is the desired luminance level for that color. Finally, 'ΔE 2000' is the Delta E value of the measured color. Delta E values of below 2 are ideal.
These measurements are made using
The Color accuracy chart gives an idea of how close a display's measured colors are to their referential values. The first line holds the measured (actual) colors, while the second line holds the reference (target) colors. The closer the actual colors are to the target ones, the better.
The Grayscale accuracy chart shows whether a display has a correct white balance (balance between red, green and blue) across different levels of grey (from dark to bright). The closer the Actual colors are to the Target ones, the better.
Related phones
PhoneArena rating:
User rating:
PhoneArena rating:
User rating:
73 Comments
Show comments:
show moderated comments
Display mode:
Chronological
Newest first
Always view all comments
I'll take both - one for work, one for personal use....but i'm not made of money unfortunately..
I am really disappointed with John V. from PhoneArena.com.
He is better than this...
What a sad day...
A 9.0 for the iPhone 6 when the battery life is so poor!!!
The battery life is absolutely fine, I don't know how Phonearena do their tests but I woke up this morning with 40% left on my iPhone 6 after taking it off charge at 9am the previous day - 7 hours use and 16 hours standby. Anandtech's tests show the battery life to be very good as well.
But hey, that'll never stop the Android gang finding things to complain about will it? :)
Dude PhoneArena.com & all the other sites say the battery life is poor...
It's not the "Android gang".
No, that's just more bias and cherry-picking as usual. Your one example is this site which I already mentioned - how about Anandtech, probably the most thorough testing site? Oh that's right, they say the battery life is very good so that one will be skimmed over by the Android crowd or written off as wrong. The trolling is just so transparent.
Right now my iPhone 6 is still sat at 98% battery with 1 hour's usage and 5 hours standby, just an update for you.
lmao originally i wrote a long rant to this cause im pissed about iphones battery since the first ios 7 update. long time iphone and apple user here. VERY long time... i figured why write a bunch of crap. heres the mAh for each battery...
samsung has 2800mAh and iphone has 1810 mah.... that alone is quite a difference. you dont need to be a mathematician to see which of the two last longer. and to give you an idea of what this means.. my ecig battery is 2500 mAh.... a battery meant to last only a few hours of continuous use... lmao that means that my ecig used continuously would last longer than your iphone used continuously. it also means that the samsung (an "android gang" phone) lasts longer than both. i wouldnt call that trolling or biased opinions.. actually if apples and samsungs battery spec sheets are telling the truth, than I would call that science or "plain fact"... its not even an opinion lol its literally a solid fact. 1810mah for a cell phone in 2014 is rubbish. and the fact that apple would charge what there charging for a phone that has no actual USEFUL update is rubbish too. not to mention most of the apps have not even been updated for ios 8 so theres been alot of comlaining about broken apps... look, like i said, im still using iphone too, so i hate to burst your bubble, but regardless of your personal opinion (which does not matter at this point because as stated above... this is fact right from the factory) samsung wins that battle by a LOOOOOONG shot.
in reality though who cares? its all a matter of religion these days. i dont use iphone because its the worlds best phone. theres phones better than BOTH iphone and samsung... i use an iphone because im apart of the cult. and im sure samsung users feel the same about the galaxy. the're like you, it wouldnt matter what amount of proof was crammed in there eye holes, theyd still say "iphones battery is better" when its clearly not... #hashtagTHAT
and dude really??? REALLY!? lmao 98% after a straight hour of use PLUS 5 hours in standby? lmao come on guy... im heavy on iphone and tech in general and i dont think anything that even uses a battery would last that amount of time. if i were you id have my battery reading checked lol cause THAT sounds str8 bull! your basically saying that your phone was at 100% (i assume) and after about 6 hours it dropped 2%!? lmao get real man that sounds absurd even for the worlds best and highest amped batteries...
Well I don't really care what either of you two say about "facts" - for me the facts come from my own usage. That's a fact to me, my own eyes.
I've been busy today and just home from work so not been on the phone much but it's been in my pocket all day, all around the office with varying signal, WiFi on etc. I've used it for internet mainly when I've been looking things up so not "heavy" use by any means, but still:
I'm now at 89% battery, 8 hours, 47 mins on standby, 1 hour, 52 mins of use. I just tried to post a link to a screen cap but I haven't been a member for 7 days so I'm not allowed yet!
The "tiny" battery in this iPhone 6 seems very well optimised to me. You can say what you like about science and fact
but while batteries are batteries it doesn't mean all operating systems use them in the same ways. Some are more efficient than others. My friend just traded in his year old HTC One (with it's large battery) for the M8 because quote "the battery was dying and not getting me through half a day any more". My 2 year old iPhone 5 was still getting me through a day of fairly heavy usage without problem before I got the 6 too.
I've got no reason to lie, I nearly switched to the Samsung Alpha before the iPhone 6 but when I used on and it immediately lagged it put me off. I'm not loyal to any brand, I just like good products.
i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad245/Jimrod/Mobile%20​Uploads/6DF97EC0-E85D-4DEE-A0F9-1A158C623E76_zpsuf​gbkahr.png
There you go. Add the usual URL stuff at the start...
Just an GS5 that's all you need, IP6 is junk, no match for GS5, GS5 camera better, battery last me 15 hours from 7am to 10 pm still have 50% juice remain. remember to turn off auto-update in playstore the minutes you activate your Android phone. 90 % of Android users fail or don't know how to do so that's why they blame Android phone bad.
This is unusually fair for a John V. review.
Both of them have cons that outweigh their pros IMHO....they ugly.
SGS5 any day.
Why don't you ever mention that Galaxy S5 has one of the most accurate screens out there if you choose the right display mode?
Always the same...
Its like the screen on the Galaxy s5 suddenly became crap the moment the Iphone was announced. Which is not the case.
The Galaxy S5 has been proven time and time again to have the best Smartphone display out there! Even in color accuracy. The only other smartphone that can take the throne at the display in the s5, is ironically the Note 4.
These PA articles are all the same I don't understand why everyone is one Apple balls when the states clearly show I phones have always been a and will always be inferior.
Strange, looking at all those performance tests it looks like the iPhone is far superior. Graphs are hard though right?
Dude ! Don't waste your breath (or words for that matter) on this website. Go check gsmarena or android authority for quality reviews.
Exactly...before the iphone was announced i was beginning to think may be they are finally going the non-partial way,,,But wow i was so wrong. I mean this site is run by ifanboys..Gsmarena on the other hand has upped their quality and ever since Anand left,there are no fanboys..
Off topic but are you the same guy who goes by the name Maximus on gsmarena with Tony Stark's profile pic ? Just curious
Galaxy s5 Is still better than iphone 6, when it comes to features and price. no explanation! :)
Oh yeah I'm with this. Better grab my popcorn.
Samsung sucks!
Both phones are great - without any doubt. But main reasons, why S5 stil rocks is:
1. Price. I bought my S5 few weeks ago for 420eu without contract. iPhone 6 16gb without contract - 700eu.
2. Battery life. Not even a competition. S5 one sided winner.
3. Last versions of amoled (used in S5, Note 4) - brilliant. Please, don't even compare it with LCD :)
4. Watter proof.
Yes, Iphone 6 looks better, making better photos in low light (in day light wins S5, hands down), and the speed advantage is really small (from what i saw in youtube review speed tests). And for that you have to pay twice more than for S5? Nop, no good deal here.
P.s i'm not android fan boy, i'm using iPad mini with retina and loving it, but iPhone this year just not good enought. Price/quality ratio is just bad.
And S5 32gb + microSD card slot.
yes a microsd slot.
Getting a good micro is not super cheap, nor is it super fast like internal memory.
You could find a 64gb for 50 online at amazon and only get 90MB/s, my old phone gets 300+Mb/s of internal speed.
Not to mention you cannot install all apps to the sd card, a severe limitation.
And of course the sd card just dying (which happens quite often with heavy use).
I am still paying 610 for the s5, then at minimum 50 for a 65gb card, or 130 for a 128gb card.
So i am put into the 740+ price range vs the 850 for the iphone 6 at 128gb.
In the end i am surprised by the new iphone 6 and the benchmarks surprised me abit more.
Tap that with the new metal API's, and it is hard not to look at the iphone 6 in good light.
you have absoluty right!
Do your homework next time before commenting.
Sandisk 64gb class 10 are sold for $30 on amazon.
Btw, were you also surprised when you saw the crappy battery test results for the iphone 6?
I am never far from a charger, in car, in home, at work.
So for me battery life is not really important.
I did my homework, would you like me to link?
The ones you refer to have even more abyssmal transfer rates.
This, with its "Up To 30MB/s With Adapter" is nothing compared to 162MB/s of a 2yr old device internal storage.
Oh, I almost forgot: USB 3.0
* Some comments have been hidden, because they don't meet the discussions rules.
Want to comment? Please
Latest stories
Interesting stories
Samsung Galaxy S9+ unboxing!
Hands-on with the 99% bezelless phone that has a fingerprint scanner under the screen
Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9+ hands-on
Galaxy S9 official cases preview
Sony presents Xperia XZ2 and XZ2 Compact: new design and Snapdragon 845
Galaxy S9 Exynos edition gets benchmarked against rivals!
Galaxy S9 first camera comparison vs iPhone X, V30, S8
MWC 2018: top smartphones to expect
PhoneArena network:
CDN services by:
All content (phone reviews, news, specs, info), design and layouts are Copyright
phoneArena.com. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part or in any form or medium without written permission is prohibited!

我要回帖

更多关于 三星note7 fe 的文章

随机推荐