Crossroads E软包系列优势有哪些优势?

Crossroads InternationalHow does Crossroads work?Crossroads is a resource network. We take goods Hong Kong doesn’t want and give them to people who badly need them. We collect those goods and give th 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
Crossroads InternationalHow does Crossroads work?Crossroads is a resource network. We take goods Hong Kong doesn’t want and give them to people who badly need them. We collect those goods and give them out in the welfare arena(福利院) in Hong Kong, Mainland China, elsewhere in Asia, Eastern Europe and Africa. So Crossroads is just that: a Crossroads between need and resource.Who do we help?The welfare agencies we help do not run on large budgets(预算). They are grass-root groups who have seen a need and tried to meet it. They can’t get the job done without back-up, though, so our task is to help them do their task. Our warehouse is full of goods, from computers to high chairs, clothing to books, stationery(文具) to medical provision, cupboards to dinning sets. They send us a list of their needs and we try to match it with the resource we have in stock.How do we operate?Crossroads itself also operates on a low budget. We do not buy the goods we send. They are donated. Similarly, rather than raising funds for freight(货运),we ask transport companies to donate their services. Nobody in our organization receives a salary. Even our full-time staff works on a voluntary basis.Those that donate goods and services:·Factories·Manufacturers ·Hospitals ·Hotels&·Householders ·Offices&·Other Charities ·Transport Companies ·Educational InstitutionsOne resource that we are always in need of is people. While we receive large quantities of goods and there is never a short supply of requests for them, we are always in need of hands to help sort and prepare them for shipping.What can I do?We are always in need of people. We have a lot of tasks. If you are volunteering regularly, we can offer work in some of the following categories, some of the time. You are welcome to number your top three choices and we will do our best to accommodate them.·Clothing categorization ·Sewing ·Toy categorization ·Furniture handling ·Driving ·Book categorization ·Household goods categorization ·Office work ·Electrical goods categorization ·Book keeping ·Fund- raising·Stationery categorization ·Medical categorizationWhere to find us?All volunteer work is done at out warehouse:Located in Basement Zone M of the Kai Tak Government BuildingOur warehouse hours: Tues.-Sat. 10:00am-5:30pmPostal address: 16 Man Tong, Silvermine Bay, Lantau Island, HKOffice details: Ph: , 小题1:Crossroads International is&&&&&&&&&&&&.A.a welfare agencyB.a place to store goods donatedC.an organization to collect goods for those who need themD.an organization run by the government小题2: People in poor areas can’t get help from the Crossroads if they need&&&&&&&&&&&&.A.toys and booksB.furniture and computersC.fresh water and foodD.clothes and washing machines小题3: Which of the following is not the choice if you decide to offer help?A.DrivingB.FundraisingC.Furniture handlingD.Teaching小题4:The purpose of this brochure(小册子) is mainly to&&&&&&&&&&&&.A.look for volunteers to work for CrossroadsB.call on people to donate more goodsC.let people know what Crossroads International isD.tell people what Crossroads can provide小题5:From the above brochure, we can conclude that &&&&&&&&&&&&&.A.people who work at Crossroads get low pay from itB.Crossroads doesn’t give goods directly to the people who need themC.You can do whatever you like if you offer help at CrossroadsD.Crossroads has collected more goods than needed
小题1:C小题1:C小题1:D小题1:A小题1:B 略
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
Years ago, if a teenager had some problems in her life, she might go home and write in her diary. Now, a teenager with &&36&&problems might go onto the Internet and write about his problems in a blog. In many ways a diary and a blog are very &&37&&. So, what makes blogging different from writing in &&38&&diary?The biggest difference is that blogging is much more &&39&&than a diary. Usually, a teenager treats his diary like a book full of &&40&&that she does not want to &&41&.It’s interesting that someone who writes in a blog &&42 &a diary will probably write nearly the same information.I have a little sister, and sometimes I go online to read her &&43&&. She writes about things like waking up early for swimming practice and not studying enough for her chemistry test. &&44&&I was her age, I wrote about the same things, but &&45&&in my diary. Then, after I had finished writing, I would hide my diary in a secret place because I was &&46 &that my sister might read it!The biggest &&47&&with blogging is that anyone can read what you write. If I was angry with a friend during high school and wrote something &&48&about her in my diary, she would never know! &&49&, if my sister ever wrote something bad about a friend, that friend &&50&&read her blog and get a “cry”.There are also &&51&&to blogging, of course. If I felt sad one day and wrote in my diary:&“Nobody cares about me.”&&52&&would know about it. However, if my sister wrote the same sentence in her blog, her best friends would &&53&&respond and tell her how much they &&54 &her. Blogs help people &&55&&in touch with their friends and know what the people around them are doing.小题1:A.the sameB.troublesomeC.difficultD.daily小题2:A.familiarB.differentC.similarD.special小题3:A.a commonB.an ordinaryC.a personal D.a traditional小题4:A.attractiveB.convenient C.publicD.quick小题5:A.thoughtsB.secrets C.mysteriesD.puzzles小题6:A.tellB.publishC.shareD.solve小题7:A.in spite ofB.as well asC.in favor ofD.instead of小题8:A.webB.diaryC.report D.blog小题9:A.SinceB.Although C.When D.Because小题10:A.stillB.alreadyC.onlyD.never小题11:A.worriedB.concernedC.gladD.angry小题12:A.problemB.troubleC.doubt D.mistake小题13:A.boringB.wrongC.unpleasantD.funny小题14:A.Therefore B.HoweverC.BesideD.Then小题15:A.willB.shouldC.mustD.might小题16:A.reasonsB.shortcomingsC.disadvantages D.advantages小题17:A.no oneB.everyone C.anyoneD.someone小题18:A.happilyB.suddenlyC.especiallyD.quickly小题19:A.missB.likeC.needD.help小题20:A.loseB.getC.stayD.find
题型:阅读理解
A report by the Consumer Electronics Association says electronics are among the most popular gifts being bought this holiday season.& Jim Barry is a spokesman for the Consumer Electronics Association. He says the CEA study found that electronics represent three of the top five things on its "holiday gift wish list" this year.JIM BARRY: "Notebook computers are at the top, followed by iPads and then e-readers. IPad is a touch-screen tablet computer and that's really the big player in that category."The computer company Apple began selling its small, touch-screen computers in April.&& People use the touch-screen computers to surf the Web, write e-mails, watch movies and read books. Since the iPad's release earlier this year, several other companies have come out with their own tablet computers just in time for Christmas.A report from the e-Marketer research group predicts that worldwide, tablet sales will reach more than eighty-one million in two thousand twelve. Still, Jim Barry says these devices are facing tough competition this year from another Christmas favorite.JIM BARRY: "Another hot category right behind that are the e-readers. So you can read on an iPad or a touch-screen tablet, but the e-book readers are less expensive. The Kindle is the market leader there, from Amazon. But you also have the Nook from Barnes and Noble and the e-reader from Sony. And you have more and more of those e-readers coming into the market as well."The Consumer Electronics Association report found that iPod music players are also in high demand this holiday season.&&But not all of the things on the holiday gift wish list involved electronics. Clothes, cars and motorcycles also made the list. So did family togetherness and good health. And the one thing that people wanted most?JIM BARRY: "At the top of the list was peace and happiness."That is also our wish for you this holiday season.小题1:The best title of the passage is &&&&&&&&. &A.How to choose a suitable gift for ChristmasB.iPads, E-Readers, Notebook Computers top wish listsC.What we should buy for our kids this holiday seasonD.How modern technology is changing the way people relate小题2:People use the touch-screen computers to do all the following things except &&&&&&&&. &A.surf the Web and write e-mailsB.watch movies and read booksC.surf the Web and contact others on phoneD.surf the internet and use it as an e-reader小题3:Which of the following sentences is TURE?&&A.iPads are the most popular gift among all the electronics.B.Only the computer company Apple releases a touch-screen tablet computer. C.All of the things on the holiday gift wish list are electronics.D.There are more and more kinds of e-readers in the market.小题4:You don't have enough money for an iPad, but you can buy &&&&&&&&&for a friend who enjoys reading.&&A.notebook computersB.iPod music playersC.touch-screen tablet computerD.e-book readers小题5:We can infer from the last paragraph that &&&&&&&&. &A.people value peace and happiness more than anything elseB.clothes, cars and motorcycles are also popular gifts for ChristmasC.family togetherness and good health don't make the listD.JIM BARRY also sends their wish for us this holiday season
根据对话内容,从对话后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有一项为多余选项。完成后请将答案写到二卷答题纸上。The world’s first completely automatic(自动的)railway has been built under the busy streets of London. 1. _______________________________. The new Victoria Line was opened in 1969. This new line was very different from the others. The stations on the other lines need a lot of workers to sell tickets, and to check and to collect them when people leave the trains. 2. ______________________________. Here a machine checks and collects the tickets, and there are no workers on the platforms at all. On the train, there is only one worker. 3. _____________________. But usual it runs and stops by itself. The trains are controlled by electrical signals which are sent by the so-called command spots. The command spots are the same distance apart. Each sends a certain signal. The train always moves at the speed that the command spots allow. If the command spot sends no signals, the train will stop. 4. _______________. The computers also fix the train speeds, and send the signals to the command spots. 5. ___________________________. Once train may stay t the other trains will then automatically move slower.A. If necessary, this man can drive the train.B. The railway is called the Victoria Line, and it is part of the complete London underground railway.C. The computer makes the decision about when to use a gas engine and when to go electric.D. This is all different on the Victoria Line.E. Most of the control work is done by computers.F. Other machines make sure that the trains are always a safe distance apart.小题1:______ 小题2: _______ 小题3:________ 小题4:________小题5:_______
People say teenagers are no good.They make too much noi they drive recklessly up and down America’ they carry chips on their shoulders as big as the Sears Tower.And at least some of the time those things are true.But we shouldn’t forget that there are hard moments in the life of a teenager too. I watched such a moment not long ago at a woman’s funeral(葬礼).I didn’t expect the event to affect me.Through much of the ceremony, in fact, I remained unmoved. Then her teenage grandson stepped forward.With his very first deep breath, every heart in that church was achingly reminded of something we had all forgotten.Softly he began: “I want to share a few values that Nana taught me.She never failed to see light in any situation.When our family dog would literally attact her, what would Nana say? ‘Oh, what beautiful markings that dog has.’ That was Nana.“She was a strong woman who often lived in the shadow of my grandpa, who was a successful businessman in this city.But she was the one behind the scenes who provided the strength and support for Grandpa’s career,” he said, with a voice now trembling.“That was Nana’s way.” Through a muffled sob, he continued.“Whenever she did anything worth recognition, you’d have to hear about it from a different source, because she was never one to brag.” Finally, in a voice breaking free of sorrow, he looked up and said, “Nana taught me courage.She put up an incredible fight to the end, when she died peacefully, which is how she lived her life.That was Nana’s way, and I hope I can carry on in the same manner.” There are no hearts as sensitive as those of teenagers, because everything is happening to them for the first time.The trouble with teenagers is that they haven’t learned to be controlled. When that boy rose to speak about the woman who surely had been his truest ally and est friend, his honest voice dragged each of us out into the open where we could no longer hide in the calm ritual.He exposed us to the truth about this very real woman who believed in a boy who probably tried the patience of many adults.He reminded us that his grandmother was more than another dot on the chart of life and death. All over again we felt those powerful losses crisscrossing our own hearts, and we knew that when you say good-bye to a beloved grandparent, you say good-bye to something happy, something young in yourself.And that something never really returns, and the pain never really goes away.小题1:From the boy’s speech, we know his grandmother ____________.A.was a weak woman living in the shadow of his grandpaB.liked dogs very much even if they often attacked herC.could see everything around her though she was oldD.had great influence over the boy when she was alive小题2:According to the first paragraph, _____________.A.young people should keep quiet before the publicB.people don’t think highly of the teenagersC.people shouldn’t forget the young peopleD.young people are living a hard life小题3:The writer wanted to tell the readers ____________.A.the young people were too weak to face the factB.the young people had to learn to control themselvesC.the adults could learn something valuable from the youngD.the adults should teach the young how to deal with the death小题4:We can infer from the passage that the boy ___________.A.was filled with sadness and gave up finishing his talkB.was always very good at expressing himselfC.practiced a lot in order to give a moving speechD.had great difficulty in accepting the loss of Nana
Gaudi Nanda sees a wearable computer as a handbag --- one that's built out of four-inch squares and triangles of fiber, with tiny computer chips embedded (嵌于) in it. It looks, feels and weighs like your typical leather purse. That's where the similarities end: this bag can wirelessly keep track of your belongings and remind you, just as you're about to leave the house, to take your wallet. It can review the weather report and suggest that you take an umbrella. This purse can even upload your favorite songs onto your scarf. Surely, a computing purse and scarf set may seem like the stuff of science fiction. But these devices, part of next generation of wearable computers, could become commonplace within a few years. Dupont created new super strong fibers that can conduct electricity and can be woven into ordinary-looking clothes. And the chipmaker developed chip packaging allowing wearable computers to be washed, even in the heavy-duty (耐磨损的) cycle. As a result, these new wearable devices are different from the heavy and downright silly versions of the recent past, which often required users to be wrapped in wires and type on their stomachs. Unlike their predecessors, these new wearable computers also make economic sense. When her bag becomes commercially available in two to three years, Nanda expects it will cost around $ 150, which is the price of an average leather purse.Here's how the bag works: You place a special radio-signal-transmitting chip onto your wallet. A similar radio in your purse picks up the signal and notifies you that you've forgotten to take your wallet. In turn, sensors on your purse's handles will notify the computer that you've picked up the purse and are ready to go. Already, these new kinds of wearable devices are being adopted for use in markets like auto repair, emergency services, medical monitoring - and even, increasingly, for consumers at large. Indeed, more people will want to cross that bridge in the coming years - making for a booming market for wearable computers that don't look like something out of science fiction.小题1: According to the passage, the new wearable computers _______.A.require users to operate on the stomachB.pick up the signals through wires and chipsC.are being applied in some different areas nowD.are smarter but more expensive than the old ones小题2:What does the underlined sentence in the last paragraph mean?A.The new wearable computers have become fashionable.B.People would like to learn more about the new computers.C.New wearable computers promise to sell well in the future.D.The idea of the purse-like computers comes from science fiction.小题3:The purpose of the passage is to ________A.introduce a new kind of computerB.explain the functions of computersC.compare different types of computersD.show how high technology affects our life
Getting rid of dirt, in the opinion of most people, is a good thing. However, there is nothing fixed about attitudes to dirt.In the early 16th century, people thought that dirt on the skin was a means to block out disease, as medical opinion had it that washing off dirt with hot water could open up the skin and let ills in. A particular danger was thought to lie in public baths. By 1538, the French king had closed the bath houses in his kingdom. So did the king of England in 1546. Thus began a long time when the rich and the poor in Europe lived with dirt in a friendly way. Henry IV, King of France, was famously dirty. Upon learning that a nobleman had taken a bath, the king ordered that, to avoid the attack of disease, the nobleman should not go out.Though the belief in the merit of dirt was long-lived, dirt has no longer been regarded as a nice neighbor ever since the 18th century. Scientifically speaking, cleaning away dirt is good to health. Clean water supply and hand washing are practical means of preventing disease. Yet, it seems that standards of cleanliness have moved beyond science since World War Ⅱ. Advertisements repe clothes need to be whiter than white, cloths ever softer, surfaces to shine. Has the hate for dirt, however, gone too far?Attitudes to dirt still differ hugely nowadays. Many first-time parents nervously try to warn their children off touching dirt, which might be responsible for the spread of disease. On the contrary, Mary Ruebush, an American immunologist(免疫学家),encourages children to play in the dirt to build up a strong immune system. And the latter position is gaining some ground.小题1:The kings of France and England in the 16th century closed bath houses because &&&&&&&.A.they lived healthily in a dirty environment.B.they thought bath houses were to dirty to stay in C.they believed disease could be spread in public bathsD.they considered bathing as the cause of skin disease小题2:Which of the following best describes Henry IV’s attitude to bathing?A.Afraid.B.Curious.C.Approving.D.Uninterested.小题3:How does the passage mainly develop?A.By providing examples.B.By making comparisons.C.By following the order of time.D.By following the order of importance.小题4:What is the author’s purpose in writing the passage?A.To stress the role of dirt.B.To introduce the history of dirt.C.To call attention to the danger of dirt.D.To present the change of views on dirt.
An Australian company, Smart Car Technologies, has developed a system that lets drivers know when they’re speeding. When the technology becomes commercially available, it could help lead-footed drivers avoid tickets and also save lives. The company that developed the product hopes to convince Australian government agencies to put the technology into use in their automobile fleets.The product, called Speed Alert, links real-time location data and speed obtained with the help of GPS to a database of posted speed limits stored in a driver’s PDA or programmable mobile phone. The setup of the product does not need to be hooked up to a car’s speedometer. In fact, it is entirely portable. It will also work with newer phones and PDAs that have built-in GPS receivers. If a driver exceeds the speed limit, the speed is shown and an alert sounds.Michael Paine, an Australian vehicle design engineer and traffic safety consultant, was hired to analyze the product. He told Live Science that his colleagues in the road safety field are “very enthusiastic” about what they’re now calling “intelligent speed alert.” Other research, according to Paine, shows that 40 percent of all traffic deaths involve speeding. There is also a potentially controversial future use: “Since the system is so portable, it would be easy to make it a requirement for teenage drivers to always use a speed alert device when driving,” Paine said. “The system even has the capability to record speeding violations, so parents can monitor their teenage drivers.”The product will soon go on sale in Sydney.小题1: What’s the purpose of the new product?A.To inform us of the new car system.B.To introduce some improvement in cars.C.To limit certain drivers to safe driving.D.To popularize the built-in car system.小题2:The second paragraph mainly talks about&&&&&&& .A.the project of the built-in productB.why the system becomes popularC.the functions of GPS in carsD.how the product is programmed小题3:Which of the following is true of Speed Alert according to Michael Paine?A.Most of the traffic deaths can be avoided.B.Speeding violations can be easily found out.C.The system will excite some teenage drivers. D.The product will not be available for adults.小题4:What can be the best title of the passage?A.Speed Alert and Its Future Use.B.Progress in Car-making Science.C.Warning for Adventurous Drivers.D.New In-Car Device against Speeding.
There ar identical and non-identical twins. Identical twins are formed from a single egg in mother’s body which divides to from two separate babies. Identical twins look the same, and are often dressed by their parents in clothes of the same colors. It is often difficult to tell identical twins from each other, even when they are standing side by side. Non-identical twins come into being when the mother produces two separated eggs a the same time, both of which grow to form babies. In this case the twins look like normal brothers and sisters and are easy to tell one from the other.  In the 1970s and 1980s a scientist did some research into twins. He invited many pairs of identical twins to university and asked them to take part in a week of tests. He was particularly interested in adopted (收养) twins who had been separated at birth. He would give the twins different kinds of tests to study their speed of thinking, their speech, their memory, the ways they saw and heard different things, and so on. Time and time again he found separated twins who preferred clothes of the same color, used the same kind of shaving soap, wore the same shaped square glasses and the same colored socks.  There is a third type of twins, but it is a very unusual one. Twins which are joined together at birth are known in western countries as Siamese twins.小题1:It is difficult to tell identical twins apart because _______.A.they are dressed in the same clothesB.they are dressed in the same colorC.they are very alikeD.they are standing side by side小题2:If the twins are easy to tell from each other, they are ______.A.very probably non-identical twinsB.surely identical twinsC.surely identical twinsD.always a brother and a sister小题3:Which of the following is NOT true according to this passage?A.In the 1970s and 1980s a scientist did some research into the two main types of twins.B.In the week of tests, he tested their speed of thinking, their speech, their memory and some other things.C.There were twins who had been separated from each other as soon as they were born.D.Very often, separated twins were found to choose things of the same kind, the same shape and the same color.小题4:This passage mainly tells us _______.A.the main types of twinsB.what has been found out about twinsC.how twins are formedD.how a scientist studied twins
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 联动优势科技有限公司 的文章

随机推荐