Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 18 Sep, 2014
Buy Endless Legend(TM) - Classic Edition
Buy Endless Legend(TM) - Emperor Edition
Packages that include this game
Buy Endless Legend Collection
Includes 6 items:
Endless Legend(TM), Endless Legend(TM) - Echoes of Auriga, Endless Legend(TM) - Emperor Edition Upgrade, Endless Legend(TM) - Guardians, Endless Legend(TM) - Shadows, Endless Legend(TM) - The Lost Tales
Buy Amplitude Endless Pack
Includes 12 items:
Dungeon of the Endless(TM), Dungeon of the Endless(TM) - Australium Update, Dungeon of the Endless(TM) - Crystal Edition Upgrade, Dungeon of the Endless(TM) - Rescue Team Add-on, Endless Legend(TM), Endless Legend(TM) - Echoes of Auriga, Endless Legend(TM) - Emperor Edition Upgrade, Endless Legend(TM) - Guardians, Endless Legend(TM) - Shadows, Endless Legend(TM) - The Lost Tales, Endless Space(R) - Disharmony, Endless Space(R) - Emperor Edition
Buy Endless Legend - Classic Edition to Emperor Edition Upgrade
Downloadable Content For This Game
Recent updates
29 February
Hey guys and gals!
Applications for the Closed Beta of the Shifters expansion for Endless Legend are now open, and will run until March 7th (10 am, CEST)! :steamsalty: If you think you're the Beta tester that we need, send us an email at: Playtest [at] Amplitude-Studios [dot] com. The e-mail address must be valid if you want to receive an answer! ;)
Please include:
Your Amplitude forum username (not your Steam username!)
Your first name, last name and date of birth
A link to your Steam account (make sure to set it to public!)
A DXDiag in text format so we can ensure you can run the game in satisfactory conditions ( is how to make one. Click on &Save all information& at the bottom right of the DXDiag window and attach the DXDiag to your e-mail)
A couple of lines to tell us why we should choose you to be among the lucky ones to try out Shifters!
50 lucky players will receive:
An access to the Closed Beta on Steam
A unique forum badge
An access to the Shifters private forum to post your impressions
Also, please, only sign up if you think you will have time to play the game and be able to provide some constructive feedback. :)
Thanks, and good luck!
25 February
Hey guys and gals!
The Vaulters making you feel blue? How about... something a little more fiery?
As promised during the Endless Day last month, the Mezari faction is now free for all Endless Legend players! Simply update your game to get this pretty cool-looking skin for the Vaulters faction unlocked in your game. We hope you like them.
That's it, now get playing!
“Plays out on one of the greatest, most beautiful maps in strategy gaming history. It combines style, substance, and setting into a marvelous overall experience for both empire management and tactical combat.”
8.3/10 –
“BEST STRATEGY GAME 2014 - Reinvents the 4X genre, mirroring what XCOM did for tactical turn-based games, and they have, as today Endless Legend brings the genre to new heights.”
9/10 –
“COMMENDATION FOR DESIGN 2014 - At every stage Endless Legend shines. Where it takes from the past, it puts its own spin on it. Where it innovates, it does so cautiously and mostly successfully. Amplitude Studios has created another astounding story-driven game, that really has taken the best bits of RTS, RPG and 4X. This is a game that wannabe developers should play and learn from.”
89% –
Special Edition
Play Endless Legend on PC and Mac.
All Endless Legend tracks created by FlybyNo in mp3 format.
Adds a unique badge to your Amplitude account.
Adds 500 G2G to the value of your votes on our website.
Play Endless Legend on PC and Mac.
Adds “Ice Wargs” to the minor faction cast of the game.
Adds Namkang to the hero cast of the game.
Adds a unique “A song of only ice” trait for your custom factions.
All Endless Legend tracks created by FlybyNo in mp3 format.
Adds a unique badge to your Amplitude account.
Adds 500 G2G to the value of your votes on our website.
Adds the “The Refreezerator” spaceship that unlocks a new mode for the game.
Adds Kreyang to the hero cast of the game.
About This Game
Another sunrise, another day of toil. Food must be grown, industries built, science and magic advanced, and wealth collected. Urgency drives these simple efforts, however, for your planet holds a history of unexplained apocalypse, and the winter you just survived was the worst on record. A fact that has also been true for the previous five.
As you discover the lost secrets of your world and the mysteries of the legends and ruins that exist as much in reality as in rumor, you will come to see that you are not alone. Other peoples also struggle to survive, to grow, and perhaps even to conquer.
You have a city, a loyal populace, your power and magic should be sufficient to keep them alive. But beyond that, nothing is certain… Where will you go, what will you find, and how will you react? Will your trail be one of roses, or of blood?
Lead one of eight civilizations each with a unique gameplay style and storyline.
Survive through cold dark seasons that drive Auriga to its end. Will it also be yours?
Experience an endless replayability with randomly generated worlds and quests.
Set the size, shape, topography and more... to create your own world to discover.
Conquer, build and develop villages into feared fortresses or wonderful cities.
Assimilate powerful minor factions and use their special traits and units wisely.
Hire, equip and train your heroes to become army leaders or city governors.
Raise your civilization by finding mysterious artefacts and forgotten technologies.
Evolve your civilization through the discovery of new advanced technologies.
Collect Dust, luxuries and strategic resources tradable on the marketplace.
Keep one step ahead of other civilizations through trade and subtle diplomacy.
Choose from different victory conditions and adapt your strategy on the fly.
Experience an innovative dynamic simultaneous turn-based battle system.
Use unit equipement, abilities and the terrain to overcome your opponents.
Zoom out of a battle and rule the other aspects of your empire seamlessly.
Define your custom civilizations and confront those created by your friends.
System Requirements
Minimum:
Processor: 2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 or equivalent
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: 1GB nVidia Geforce GT460 or equivalent, 500 MB ATI HD4850 or equivalent
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 3 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible Audio
Additional Notes: Minimum Resolution: 1280 x 720
Recommended:
Processor: 3.5Ghz Intel Core i5 or equivalent
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: 1GB nVidia Geforce GTX660 or equivalent, 1GB ATI HD7850 or equivalent
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible Audio
Minimum:
Processor: 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: 512 MB AMD Radeon HD 4850, NVidia GeForce 640 or Intel HD 4000
Recommended:
Processor: 2nd Generation Intel Core i5 (or greater)
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: 1 GB NVidia 750 (or better)
(C) 2014 Amplitude Studios. All rights reserved.
Endless Legend, GAMES2GETHER, Amplitude Studios and Amplitude Studios logo are trademarks of Amplitude Studios in the U.S. and other countries.
*Amplitude Studios reserves the rights to monitor, suspend or terminate access to the Amplitude Studios forums for any user who does not abide by the guidelines found .
More like this
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
7 people found this review funny
247.6 hrs on record
An excellent 4X turn-based strategy, set in pre-apocalyptic fantasy (or is it fantasy..?) world. Your planet, Auriga is dying, with winters steadily getting longer and harsher, and threatening to kill all life on the planet. But relics left by the ancient race, the Endless may hold key to saving Auriga, or some other means to survive the coming cataclysm. But other factions have their own plans on how to survive the disaster – and some just happily fight for territory heedless of approaching doom, so you may have to conquer the world in order to save it.Gameplay-wise, Endless Legend is 4X turn-based strategy with tactical battles and some RPG elements. The main focus is strategy, particularly expanding your empire and developing your cities. As the cities control the whole regions they are built in, and as expansion is limited in early game (partially due to increasing disapproval among your citizens if you expand too much, and partially due to high for early game settler cost), you have to plan which regions to colonize first. And as your cities’ population grows, you can build up your cities, visibly expanding them from small settlements into megapolises that cover entire regions they are in.Tactical combat isn’t as good as in some other games that focus more on it, but still decent enough. Interesting aspect of it is that while units act in turn in combat, all orders are given in the beginning of each combat turn, without knowing how enemies will act, which can make combat unpredictable. Whether it is a good or bad thing depends on whether you enjoy an extra challenge or get frustrated by randomness of battles. If you don’t want to engage in tactical battle, the game allows automatic resolution for all battles, often with quite satisfactory results.And finally, as for RPG elements, Endless Legend allows you to recruit heroes from a very large list that can either serve as cities’ governors or command armies (and in addition to granting bonuses to an army, fighting in combat themselves as well). As might be expected, the heroes level up as they fight or govern cities, increasing not only their combat stats but allowing you to choose their level-up bonuses, with each faction’s heroes having unique set of skills to choose from.I fully recommend Endless Legend to anyone who likes 4X turn-based strategies or want to give this genre a try, especially if they want to enjoy a pretty good story to go with the game.
Was this review helpful?
119.5 hrs on record
As a huge fan of the Civilization series since its inception, I was skeptical at first trying out Endless Legend. I had a bit of trouble understanding how the game mechanics work, but once everything clicked into place, it was quite a revelation. I am now thoroughly hooked. What I love: The vibrant colors and sharp graphics (Civ actually looks dull compared to this) The huge amount of original, detailed and superbly animated landscape features The world of Auriga, winter and summer cycles The radically different playstyles between factions The faction main quests and sidequests, well written and challenging The turn speed, even on large maps with lots going on The minor factions, original and strategically menaningful Designing your unitsWhat I found annoying: The fights. I prefer just doing these on automatic. The city micromanagement in the later game (although that's shared with all 4X games) No hero auto-level up (I'm nitpicking here)I would recommend this to everyone who likes 4X games.
Was this review helpful?
4 people found this review funny
44.9 hrs on record
Welcome to Endless Legend. Take a seat and listen, as I unravel to you one of the best 4X games of the past few years.First of all, there are some things to bear in mind when considering this game, and for some people, these might be off-putting at first, especially if approached in a mainstream or Civilization-like manner. The first thing to consider about Endless Legend is that it encourages experimentation and kindly invites you to leave dogmas and balance at the front door before you enter its universe.So, onwards we go.If you've played Amplitude's former 4X Sci-fi space game, you'll immediately feel familiar with some of the concepts here. Endless Legend is actually set in the same universe, but rather on a single planet, named Auriga. Gameplay itself and the UI is very similar to Civilization V and fans of this game will immediately feel at home. However, there are a few subtle differences.Auriga's first impressions are breathtaking. The landscapes are beautiful to watch and behold, making the most of the fantasy theme which has been provided. Also, Auriga features 2 seasons. Games start at the beginning of Summer, and every once in a while, a short Winter will set in. However, this isn't just a cosmetic feature. Winters affect most aspects of gameplay, including military and economic aspects, and some quests can only be completed during a certain season. Winter itself is a pivotal mechanic to the storyline, as Winters will become longer and harsher as time goes by, and you must find a way to &fix& this or risk complete obliteration of Auriga.Speaking of quests, they make a pretty big part of Endless Legend. While the main quest will eventually lead a civilization to victory, there are dozens of side-quests to be found across your journies, varying from mundane tasks (such as kill X creature, provide Y resources) to more compex ones, such as forming an alliance or capturing a town. Most quests actually have follow-ups and context, so they're not completely forgettable.Auriga is also a very lively place. You will encounter roaming creatures and also native tribes. These tribes are akin to Civ5 city-states and can be persuaded through various means to join an empire and provide unique bonuses or units. And speaking of tenants, you share the world with the other civilizations. Amplitude made full use of the fantasy setting and created a set of wonderful civilizations, each different and with their own personality, charm and mechanics. While in Civ, all civilizations were technically the same, bar some variety in buildings and units, in Endless Legend, each civilization is completely different. For example, the Roving Clans are trade oriented nomads, able to move around their cities. They're so trade-oriented that they can't even declare wars, and must push through trade, diplomacy and alliances. The Necrophages, on the other hand, are on the opposite side of the spectrum, being an all-evil warmongering insectoid race which consumes everything and is constantly at war, not being able to ally with anyone. No matter who you choose to play with, the level of detail and artwork will surely surprise you.Progress is done via eras and a tech tree. While not as excentric and confusing as the Endless Space tech web, the tech tree of Endless Legend is also not as bland as the one in Civ5, for example. What Endless Legend wants you to do is to encourage experimentation. Forget about linear tech progression or &must-have& technologies. You can go that path, of course, but you will not only be very slow in progression, but you will also feel that the tech tree is there just for the sake of being. Instead, it invites you to try a more daring approach. You dont' *have* to unlock everything, from hero recruitment, to all the resource extractors, to all armor and weapon upgrades. Doing so is the obvious but also the blandest way. I found out that experimenting with lesser-mainstream approaches can lead to interesting results. For example, in a game, I skipped completely through a set of resource extractors in order to focus on more combat-oriented techs (like weapons+armor) without having to linger too much in early eras. I ended up reaching the fourth era first and having OP military which then resulted in a fairly easy late-game. Surprisingly, the other civs were pretty easy-going on trading the resources I was lacking, so I didn't really feel handicapped by skipping those extractors.Also, I've also won with just one hero by skipping most militaristic tech and piling up economic and trading techs. I was the laughing stock of the game when i came to military, but funny enough, I didn't have to deal with any wars, as the other Civs were appeased by my edge in trading and economic &gifts&, allowing me to spearhead through the main questline and win the game.This, of course, would never be possible without a proper diplomacy system. Endless Legend's diplomacy system, fortunately, is one of the best I've seen. Trading of resources and tech is done by using a special resource called &Influence&. Alliances and conflicts are also brokered the same way, which means that players who focus on Influence tech and buildings can easily become rulers of the world. The AI is also very well-done in this regard, with leaders having proper attitudes and reactions to diplomatic events.Of course, when diplomacy fails, the swords do the talking. As all 4X games, Endless Legend features a combat system. As with the rest of things, its combat system is far from mainstream. Instead of using a simple die roll, each combat is resolved on a tactical battlefield, similar to ones in Heroes of Might and Magic games. However, there are very different mechanics.While the battlefield itself is merely a &zoomed-in& version of the actual terrain, units are not exactly in direct control of the player. Each battle goes through seveal &phases&, and the player can only issue pseudo-orders to units, in the way of &try to move here& or &try to attack that unit&. However, during the resolve phase, units attempt to carry those orders but there is no guarantee that the action will succeed. This may happen due to the units being out of range or the path becoming blocked. While this can be frustrating for people who like total control of the battlefield, it is actually a more realistic approach to the battlefield, by making the player feel more of a general in command, rather than a God dictating each and every move of its underlings at any given point in time. The only problem arising is that sometimes, units' pathfinding might be awkward and inconsistent with the player's expectations. Fortunately, for such people, an automatic battle system is available, which is more than decent in resolving conflicts.Overall, I would recommend this game to every 4X fan out there. However, I would like to stress again that this is not your average game which lets you comfortably settle into a comfort zone. Getting the best out of Endless Legend will mean having to avoid that comfort zone, experimenting a lot and thinking out of the box. Almost all aspects and challenges in the game can be resolved in more than one way and sometimes the optimal way to do it is not necessarily the most obvious one. This game rewards those people who dare go outside the comfort zone and that's what sets it apart from the rest. If you expect a game which emphasises balance, precise combat and a sandbox for you to expand your empire in, you will be disappointed.
Was this review helpful?
2 people found this review funny
245.5 hrs on record
Endless Legend is one of those happy cases where the good impressions have resulted in an excellent game. Not among those that penalize the most complex products because they are not suitable for the mass audience, we can not help but reward him, pointing out a couple of problems that still exist, and which do not allow him to achieve excellence: the AI is little aggressive, even in the higher difficulty levels, making it unpredictable at times, random generation of maps and the need to amass troops suffered the first assaults, can create an initial disadvantage that makes it advisable to start the game in search of better luck. For the rest I suggest Endless Legend unconditionally, especially if you love the genre 4X, buying it because you will get hundreds of hours of excellent turn-based strategy.
Was this review helpful?
8 people found this review funny
36.3 hrs on record
This is one of those games that I saw a huge amount of potential in, but falls short in ways that make it difficult for me to recommend. The designer had some creative approaches to the issues that come up in 4X games - quest victory, minor factions, 1-city-per-region, and the Influence system. The amount of care that went into designing each factions' quest lines, unit art, and the overall story is quite impressive, and it brought me into the game with some level of excitement.But in a game of this scope, the weakest link stands out like a sore thumb - or in this case, sore thumbs. The battle system starts off promising, with a small section of the actual world map playing host to the somewhat small-scale battles that constitute army-on-army warfare. In practice, the battles are honestly a nightmare. They usually play out like this: the two highest-initiative units get to act as they please. If these two are on opposing sides, they'll form sort of a central conflict, around which the rest of the battle swirls. Except swirling makes it sound intense & interesting - the swirling comes from the out-of-date unit orders, trying in vain to get to an available side of the single enemy they were allowed to target in this round. It can actually be a relief at times for one of your obstinate, lackwit units dies, because it opens up room for a fresh unit, which had been flailing about at the outskirts of your battlefield, to charge over to the site of that unit's corpse and actually accomplish something. I don't know how much time was spent working on the battlefield AI, but it seems to consist of simple pathfinding, and quite possibly nothing else.The tech tier system is an interesting system, but I kind of have to scratch my head at some of the decisions. For example, there's a tech available in tier 1 that unlocks the Heroes & Mercenaries section of the Marketplace, allowing you to spend Dust/currency on hiring either of these kinds of units. If you don't unlock this tech, you will have 1 hero for the duration of the game (barring any that might come from your faction of choice's quest line). What's odd is that some of the hero skills unlock incredibly valuable upgrades - for the Broken Lords faction, which is extremely reliant on Dust income, you might unlock a 15% increase in the Dust income of a city, if the hero in question is set to govern it. What this means is that the Heroes & Mercenaries tech is absurdly valuable. There are techs each for the tier 1 strategic resource extractors, and the tier 1 luxury resource extractors, as well. If you don't unlock those, you may be missing out on an enormous set of features of the game. Compare that to the Aquapulvistics tech, which unlocks a couple of city improvements that generate 2 or 3 dust per turn on a tile that has a river, or a lake respectively. And only in summer (something like 3/4 of a game's turns, by my rough guesstimate). Anyways, the idea is that the balance between tech decisions is pretty lacking.So those are my complaints #1 and #2, out of what is a much longer list (of which I'll spare you the rest). Really, the reason why I bother to write this isn't because I hate the game! But rather that it's promising enough that I wanted/want to like it, but the flaws are so irritating that it drives me to put it away. I hope that another game can come in and take the effective and interesting gameplay elements & features, and make a better game. Or at least one I can tolerate playing a whole game through without wanting to claw my eyes out in frustration.
Was this review helpful?
Loading reviews...
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Endless Legend(TM) - Classic Edition
Endless Legend(TM) - Emperor Edition
Endless Legend Collection
Amplitude Endless Pack
Endless Legend - Classic Edition to Emperor Edition Upgrade
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
View mobile website

我要回帖

更多关于 宝石迷阵4 的文章