osplatformismtos is not definedd中文什么意思

I am trying to pull data from a sql server (sql server 2000) source to an oracle target. My Informatica version is 7.1.4. running on Linux platform
If I create an MS SQL Server data source in workflow manager, I get the following error.
CMN_1022 Database driver error...
CMN_1022 [The server does not support the database type specified on this OS platform.]
READER_1_1_1& Fri Dec 03 16:43:36 2010
READER_1_1_1& BLKR_16002 ERROR: Initialization failed.
MASTER& PETL_24020
If I use an ODBC data source by creating an entry in odbc.ini file, I get the following error.
RR_4036 Error connecting to database [
[DataDirect][ODBC lib] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
Database driver error...
Function Name : Connect
Database driver error...
Function Name : Connect
Database Error: Failed to connect to database using user [XXX] and connection string [YYY].].
READER_1_1_1& Fri Dec 03 16:39:10 2010
READER_1_1_1& BLKR_16001 Error connecting to database...
MASTER& PETL_24020
I tried my level best to solve this problem . I have this month end dead line for this project. I could not yet start it due to this bug. Please some one help me get rid of this problem.
Popular White Paper On This Topic
13&Replies
Best Answer
Mark this reply as the best answer?(Choose carefully, this can't be changed)
In windows control panel&Administrative Tools & Data sources" id="ctl00_m_m_i_ctl00_gr_ctl01_bestanswerbody" class="textarea-bestanswerhidden" name="bestanswerbody" answerbodyId="3925771" />
replied Dec 10, 2010
I am not sure about LINUX platform. But similar to Windows there might be some thing like administrative Tools where you can add the database driver details..
In windows control panel&Administrative Tools & Data sources
Best Answer
&pre>&code>CMN_1022 [The server does not support the database type specified on this OS platform.] &/code>&/pre>
You are getting this error because Native connectivity is not supported for SQL Server on UNIX. You need to use &ODBC& as connection Type. &br />
&pre>&code>RR_4036 Error connecting to database [
[DataDirect][ODBC lib] Data source name not found and no default driver specified&/code>&/pre>
Check whether the connect string in the relational connection matches the entry in the .odbc.ini file. Also make sure that you are using .odbc.ini file instead of odbc.ini and set $ODBCINI environment variable to your $HOME/.odbc.ini. &br />
Cheers! &br />
Arpit" id="ctl00_m_m_i_ctl00_gr_ctl03_bestanswerbody" class="textarea-bestanswerhidden" name="bestanswerbody" answerbodyId="3926138" />
replied Dec 11, 2010
Hi Charitha,
CMN_1022 [The server does not support the database type specified on this OS platform.]
You are getting this error because Native connectivity is not supported for SQL Server on UNIX. You need to use &ODBC& as connection Type.
[DataDirect][ODBC lib] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
Check whether the connect string in the relational connection matches the entry in the .odbc.ini file. Also make sure that you are using .odbc.ini file instead of odbc.ini and set $ODBCINI environment variable to your $HOME/.odbc.ini.
Best Answer
[DataDirect][ODBC lib] Data source name not found and no default driver specified" id="ctl00_m_m_i_ctl00_gr_ctl05_bestanswerbody" class="textarea-bestanswerhidden" name="bestanswerbody" answerbodyId="3928376" />
replied Dec 13, 2010
Hi Arpit, Thanks for your response. I did that but still I am getting the same error.
Best Answer
[DataDirect][ODBC lib] Data source name not found and no default driver specified &br />
when $ODBCINI is set to $HOME/.odbc.ini where should $ODBCHOME be set to? is it /opt/obi/.... or /home/.... ?" id="ctl00_m_m_i_ctl00_gr_ctl07_bestanswerbody" class="textarea-bestanswerhidden" name="bestanswerbody" answerbodyId="3928387" />
replied Dec 13, 2010
Hi Arpit, Thanks for your response. I did that but still iam getting the same error.
when $ODBCINI is set to $HOME/.odbc.ini where should $ODBCHOME be set to? is it /opt/obi/.... or /home/.... ?
Best Answer
Please go through the following KB article.
&a href=&/infakb/howto/1/Pages/14684.aspx& rel=&nofollow& target=&_blank&>/infakb/howto/1 /Pages/14684.aspx&/a> &br />
Cheers! &br />
Arpit" id="ctl00_m_m_i_ctl00_gr_ctl09_bestanswerbody" class="textarea-bestanswerhidden" name="bestanswerbody" answerbodyId="3929564" />
replied Dec 14, 2010
Hi Charitha,
Please go through the following KB article.
Best Answer
I cannot login to KB. Would you mind pasting that content in the mail? &br />
That is going to be very helpful for me please! &br />
Thanks, &br />
Charitha." id="ctl00_m_m_i_ctl00_gr_ctl11_bestanswerbody" class="textarea-bestanswerhidden" name="bestanswerbody" answerbodyId="3931033" />
replied Dec 14, 2010
Hi Arpit, We do not have an account there.
I cannot login to KB. Would you mind pasting that content in the mail?
That is going to be very helpful for me please!
Best Answer
replied Dec 15, 2010
Have you installed the appropriate SQL Server ODBC drivers on the Linux box?
Best Answer
Do the following to install DataDirect ODBC drivers on UNIX: &br />
Install the Informatica Services which include the DataDirect ODBC drivers for UNIX. &br />
Set the ODBCHOME environment variable to the location where the drivers have been installed. &br />
ODBCHOME=/informatica/odbc42 &br />
Set the library path variable to include $ODBCHOME/lib: &br />
LIBPATH=$ODBCHOME/lib &br />
The library path will vary by operating system: &br />
Solaris - LD_LIBRARY_PATH &br />
HP-UX - SH_LIBPATH &br />
AIX - LIBPATH &br />
Copy the odbc.ini file into the location where you would like this file to be used. The Informatica user's home directory is often used. &br />
cp $ODBCHOME/odbc.ini $HOME/.odbc.ini &br />
Set the ODBCINI environment variable in the .profile to the location of the final version of .odbc.ini : &br />
ODBCINI=$HOME/.odbc.ini &br />
Add the ODBC/bin directory to the PATH environment variable: &br />
PATH=$ODBCHOME/bin &br />
Run a test of the ODBC driver using ivtestlib and specify the ODBC driver file you will be using. &br />
$ODBCHOME/bin/ivtestlib $ODBCHOME/lib&a href=&http:///DWmsss19.so& rel=&nofollow& target=&_blank&>/DWmsss19.so&/a> &br />
The library name can be found in the odbc.ini file. &br />
If there is an error then check the environment variables above. &br />
Create and configure the .odbc.ini file specified by the $ODBCINI environment variable. &br />
Add the data sources to the .odbc.ini file. See the steps below. &br />
To configure an ODBC connection for Microsoft SQL Server on UNIX do the following: &br />
PowerCenter Integration Service (UNIX) &br />
On the UNIX machine hosting the Informatica Services do the following: &br />
Edit the existing odbc.ini file (in the $ODBCHOME directory) or copy the odbc.ini file to the home directory and edit it. &br />
cp $ODBCHOME/odbc.ini $HOME/.odbc.ini &br />
Add an entry for the ODBC data source under the [ODBC Data Sources] section and configure the data source as follows: &br />
[ODBC Data Sources] &br />
MY_MSSQLSERVER_ODBC_SOURCE=&Driver name or Data source description& &br />
[MY_SQLSERVER_ODBC_SOURCE]
Driver=&Path_To_SQLServer_ODBC_Driver& &br />
Description=DataDirect 4.10 SQL Server Wire Protocol
Database=&SQLServer_database_name& &br />
LogonID=&username& &br />
Password=&password& &br />
Address=[&TCP/IP_Address&,&Port_Number&][&SQL_server_host_name&\&instance_name&] &br />
QuoteId=No
AnsiNPW=No
ApplicationsUsingThreads=1 &br />
Note &br />
The driver name and location depends on the version of DataDirect ODBC drivers being used, the operating system they are installed on and the directory they are installed in. &br />
SQL Server Host Name and Port &br />
If the SQL Server database server is sql_server_1 running on the (default) port of 1433 enter the following: &br />
[ODBC Data Sources] &br />
SQLSERVER_1=DataDirect 5.10 SQL Server Wire Protocol &br />
[SQLSERVER_1] &br />
Driver=/apps/rdbms/odbc410/lib&a href=&http:///DWmsss18.so& rel=&nofollow& target=&_blank&>/DWmsss18.so&/a>
Description=DataDirect 5.10 SQL Server Wire Protocol
Database=Master
LogonId=target_user
Password=target_pw
Address=sql_server_1,1433
QuotedId=No
AnsiNPW=No &br />
SQL Server Host Name and Named Instance (Required for SQL Server 2005 and later) &br />
Use the syntax below for Address to connect to a Microsoft SQL Server Named Instance (for dynamic ports): &br />
Address=&SQL_server_host_name&\&instance_ name& &br />
If the instance name is INFASQL2K5 and is on the server tswin2003 enter the following for Address: &br />
Address=tswin2003\INFASQL2K5 &br />
Verify that the last entry in the odbc.ini is InstallDir and set it to the ODBC installation directory ($ODBCHOME): &br />
InstallDir=/usr/odbc &br />
PowerCenter Client (Windows) &br />
On the Windows machine hosting the PowerCenter client do the following: &br />
In Workflow Manager add a relational connection. &br />
Make the connection type ODBC (do not use Microsoft SQL Server). &br />
Set the connection properties as follows: &br />
Connect String: MY_MSSQLSERVER_ODBC_SOURCE &br />
User Name: &SQL Server Database User Name& &br />
Password: &SQL Server Database User Password& &br />
Cheers! &br />
Arpit" id="ctl00_m_m_i_ctl00_gr_ctl15_bestanswerbody" class="textarea-bestanswerhidden" name="bestanswerbody" answerbodyId="3931617" />
replied Dec 15, 2010
Hi Charitha,
Do the following to install DataDirect ODBC drivers on UNIX:
Install the Informatica Services which include the DataDirect ODBC drivers for UNIX.
Set the ODBCHOME environment variable to the location where the drivers have been installed.
ODBCHOME=/informatica/odbc42
Set the library path variable to include $ODBCHOME/lib:
LIBPATH=$ODBCHOME/lib
The library path will vary by operating system:
Solaris - LD_LIBRARY_PATH
HP-UX - SH_LIBPATH
AIX - LIBPATH
Copy the odbc.ini file into the location where you would like this file to be used. The Informatica user's home directory is often used.
cp $ODBCHOME/odbc.ini $HOME/.odbc.ini
Set the ODBCINI environment variable in the .profile to the location of the final version of .odbc.ini :
ODBCINI=$HOME/.odbc.ini
Add the ODBC/bin directory to the PATH environment variable:
PATH=$ODBCHOME/bin
Run a test of the ODBC driver using ivtestlib and specify the ODBC driver file you will be using.
$ODBCHOME/bin/ivtestlib $ODBCHOME/lib
The library name can be found in the odbc.ini file.
If there is an error then check the environment variables above.
Create and configure the .odbc.ini file specified by the $ODBCINI environment variable.
Add the data sources to the .odbc.ini file. See the steps below.
To configure an ODBC connection for Microsoft SQL Server on UNIX do the following:
PowerCenter Integration Service (UNIX)
On the UNIX machine hosting the Informatica Services do the following:
Edit the existing odbc.ini file (in the $ODBCHOME directory) or copy the odbc.ini file to the home directory and edit it.
cp $ODBCHOME/odbc.ini $HOME/.odbc.ini
Add an entry for the ODBC data source under the [ODBC Data Sources] section and configure the data source as follows:
[ODBC Data Sources]
MY_MSSQLSERVER_ODBC_SOURCE=&Driver name or Data source description&
[MY_SQLSERVER_ODBC_SOURCE]
Driver=&Path_To_SQLServer_ODBC_Driver&
Description=DataDirect 4.10 SQL Server Wire Protocol
Database=&SQLServer_database_name&
LogonID=&username&
Password=&password&
Address=[&TCP/IP_Address&,&Port_Number&][&SQL_server_host_name&\&instance_name&]
QuoteId=No
AnsiNPW=No
ApplicationsUsingThreads=1
The driver name and location depends on the version of DataDirect ODBC drivers being used, the operating system they are installed on and the directory they are installed in.
SQL Server Host Name and Port
If the SQL Server database server is sql_server_1 running on the (default) port of 1433 enter the following:
[ODBC Data Sources]
SQLSERVER_1=DataDirect 5.10 SQL Server Wire Protocol
[SQLSERVER_1]
Driver=/apps/rdbms/odbc410/lib
Description=DataDirect 5.10 SQL Server Wire Protocol
Database=Master
LogonId=target_user
Password=target_pw
Address=sql_server_1,1433
QuotedId=No
AnsiNPW=No
SQL Server Host Name and Named Instance (Required for SQL Server 2005 and later)
Use the syntax below for Address to connect to a Microsoft SQL Server Named Instance (for dynamic ports):
Address=&SQL_server_host_name&\&instance_ name&
If the instance name is INFASQL2K5 and is on the server tswin2003 enter the following for Address:
Address=tswin2003\INFASQL2K5
Verify that the last entry in the odbc.ini is InstallDir and set it to the ODBC installation directory ($ODBCHOME):
InstallDir=/usr/odbc
PowerCenter Client (Windows)
On the Windows machine hosting the PowerCenter client do the following:
In Workflow Manager add a relational connection.
Make the connection type ODBC (do not use Microsoft SQL Server).
Set the connection properties as follows:
Connect String: MY_MSSQLSERVER_ODBC_SOURCE
User Name: &SQL Server Database User Name&
Password: &SQL Server Database User Password&
Best Answer
replied Dec 21, 2010
Hi Arpit. That was so helpful. Thank you so much.
Best Answer
You are welcome. Please mark your post as answered in case your problem is resolved. &br />
Cheers! &br />
Arpit" id="ctl00_m_m_i_ctl00_gr_ctl19_bestanswerbody" class="textarea-bestanswerhidden" name="bestanswerbody" answerbodyId="3942825" />
replied Dec 22, 2010
Hi Charitha,
You are welcome. Please mark your post as answered in case your problem is resolved.
Best Answer
I have a query. I need to implement this query in informatica. &br />
SELECT dept_id, employee_id, &br />
COUNT(*) num_of_records1, COUNT(*) num_of_records2 &br />
FROM xtc_deptemp abc &br />
WHERE TRUNC(create_date) = TO_DATE('$$tempdate', 'mm/dd/yyyy') &br />
GROUP BY dept_id, employee_id &br />
ORDER BY employee_id &br />
The four values above &dept_id, employee_id, num_of_records1 and &br />
num_of_records2& should go into a table stg_temptab. &br />
Please tell me what is the simplest way to implement this in informatica. &br />
Which transformations to use and how. &br />
Thanks in advance. &br />
Charithainfadev" id="ctl00_m_m_i_ctl00_gr_ctl21_bestanswerbody" class="textarea-bestanswerhidden" name="bestanswerbody" answerbodyId="3972415" />
replied Jan 10, 2011
I have a query. I need to implement this query in informatica.
SELECT dept_id, employee_id,
COUNT(*) num_of_records1, COUNT(*) num_of_records2
FROM xtc_deptemp abc
WHERE TRUNC(create_date) = TO_DATE('$$tempdate', 'mm/dd/yyyy')
GROUP BY dept_id, employee_id
ORDER BY employee_id
The four values above &dept_id, employee_id, num_of_records1 and
num_of_records2& should go into a table stg_temptab.
Please tell me what is the simplest way to implement this in informatica.
Which transformations to use and how.
Thanks in advance.
Charithainfadev
Best Answer
transformation to implement the order by." id="ctl00_m_m_i_ctl00_gr_ctl23_bestanswerbody" class="textarea-bestanswerhidden" name="bestanswerbody" answerbodyId="3972465" />
replied Jan 10, 2011
Use Aggregator transormation to group by the records, then use sorter
transformation to implement the order by.
Best Answer
Need to write this query in SQ, sql override. But the condition for it is that the number of columns should match the source. So for this we need to create the source matching the no of columns in the sql override. This way, you will be able to use your query in your mapping. &br />
-Kuldeep" id="ctl00_m_m_i_ctl00_gr_ctl25_bestanswerbody" class="textarea-bestanswerhidden" name="bestanswerbody" answerbodyId="3973364" />
replied Jan 11, 2011
Need to write this query in SQ, sql override. But the condition for it is that the number of columns should match the source. So for this we need to create the source matching the no of columns in the sql override. This way, you will be able to use your query in your mapping.
This thread has been closed due to inactivity.
Get Answers - It's Free
If you're looking for Informatica help, sign up and take advantage of 23,471
Data Warehouse professionals who are here to help you.
PCMag Digital GroupWhat is platform? - Definition
Share this item with your network:
&Sun Microsystems, Inc. and Intel Corporation
1) In computers, a platform is an underlying computer system on which application programs can run. On personal computers, Windows 2000 and the Mac OS X are examples of two different platforms. On s or s, IBM's S/390 is an example of a platform.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its . You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact
at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
You also agree that your personal information may be transferred and processed in the United States, and that you have read and agree to the
A platform consists of an , the computer system's coordinating program, which in turn is built on the instruction set for a
or , the hardware that performs logic operations and manages data movement in the computer. The operating system must be designed to work with the particular processor's set of instructions. As an example, Microsoft's Windows 2000 is built to work with a series of microprocessors from the Intel Corporation that share the same or similar sets of instructions. There are usually other implied parts in any computer platform such as a motherboard and a data bus, but these parts have increasingly become modularized and standardized.
Historically, most application programs have had to be written to run on a particular platform. Each platform provided a different application program interface for different system services. Thus, a PC program would have to be written to run on the Windows 2000 platform and then again to run on the Mac
platform. Although these platform differences continue to exist and there will probably always be proprietary differences between them, new
or standards-conforming interfaces now allow many programs to run on different platforms or to interoperate with different platforms through mediating or &broker& programs.
2) A platform is any base of technologies on which other technologies or processes are built.
Continue Reading About platform
Related Terms
Nested virtualization describes the process of running a hypervisor within another hypervisor.
A virtual file system (VFS) is programming that forms an interface between an operating system's kernel and a more concrete file ...
A virtual machine (VM) shares physical hardware resources with other users but isolates the operating system or application to ...
E-Handbook
E-Handbook
File Extensions and File Formats