what canwhat people are likeuse ipod for?

当前位置:
>>>阅读理解。 Apple Inc co-founder and former CEO Steve Jobs, c..
阅读理解。
&&&& Apple Inc co-founder and former CEO Steve Jobs, counted among the greatest American CEOs of his generation, died on Wednesday at the age of 56, after a-year-long and highlypublic battle with cancer. Jobs' death was announced by Apple in a statement late on Wednesday.
homepage featured a black-and-white picture of him with the words "Steve Jobs, ".&&&& A message on the site read, "Apple has lost an imaginary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring leader."&&& "His greatest love was for his wife, Laurene, and his family. Our hearts go out to them and to all who were touched by his extraordinary gifts."&&&& "Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will foreverbe the foundation of Apple." The Silicon Valley hero who gave the world the iPod and theiPhone had resigned as CEO of the world's largest technology corporation in August,handing the position to current chief executive Tim Cook.&&&& Two years before the iPhone that forever transformed the way people around the world access and use the Internet, Jobs talked about how a sense of his death was amajor driver behind that vision.&&&&& "Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever got to helpme make the big choices in life," Jobs said during a Stanford commencement ceremony in 2005. "Because almost everything-all others' expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure-these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important."&&&& "Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not tofollow your heart."
1. According to the passage, which statement of Steve Jobs is RIGHT?
A. Steve Jobs was the present CEO of Apple.B. Steve Jobs was thought to have great talent.C. Steve Jobs had no idea about his death before.D. Steve Jobs fought against cancer for a year secretly.
2. What can we learn about iPhone from the passage?
A. People can use it to do anything they want.B. It can teach people how to surf the Internet.C. People can learn the spirit of Apple from it.D. It can change the way people use the Internet.
3. In Jobs's speech in Stanford, we can learn that .
A. to make great achievements, you must lose everythingB. people should try to achieve everything regardless of deathC. people who will be dead soon must make big choices in lifeD. in the face of death, nothing is truly important except to follow your dream
4. What's the main idea of the passage?
A. Steve Jobs changed the world.B. Steve Jobs died on Wednesday.C. Who will be the next Steve Jobs?D. Steve Jobs, the greatest American CEO.
题型:阅读理解难度:中档来源:湖北省期中题
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“阅读理解。 Apple Inc co-founder and former CEO Steve Jobs, c..”主要考查你对&&政治经济类阅读&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
政治经济类阅读
政治经济类文章的概念:
要做好这类阅读,平时就要注意了解国内外发生的政治经济大事,掌握一定背景知识,对这类文章的叙述特点及内容安排有一定了解,还要扩展这方面的词汇。阅读这类文章,要抓住文章的核心,即文章整体和各段主要在说什么,也要注意段落之间的逻辑关系。如何备考政治经济类阅读理解题:
【题型说明】政治经济类阅读文章是高考常选材料之一。该类文章时代气息浓郁,语言鲜活,但熟字新义词、超纲词及专业词语多,长句、难句多。政治类文章大多数是同学们感性趣的内容,读起来倒有似曾相识的感觉,经济类文章读起来就像是雾里看花,文章看完,一头雾水。再加之这类文章的命题侧重于词义猜测、推理判断和文章主旨,同学们对这类题材是望而生畏。 【备考策略】建立心理优势。针对不同体裁的文章,我们要采取相应的阅读方法和技巧。政治类文章多采用记叙文形式,我们可采取“顺读法”,以便抓关键语句,领会文章主旨;而经济类文章则多采用说明文形式,我们则可以采取“逆读法”,先读试题,再从文章中查找有用信息。若遇到的确难读的材料。千万不用着急,因为你觉得难,其他人也一定是同感。在高考前,我们就要有这种心理准备,高考试卷肯定有一、两篇难以阅读的材料。不过,我们平时可以有意识地从报刊杂志上找一些较难的阅读材料来阅读,以培养自己迎难而上的心理素质。 【答题方法】 1、寻找主干:根据英语中五种基本句型结构,把句子中的主语、谓语、宾语、表语等主要成分找出来,其他成分如定语、状语、补语等则易于理解。找到了句子主干,句子的意思至少明白了一半。 2、剔除从句:在一个长句中可能会出现若干个从句,在理解时,如果把各个从句剔除出来单独理解,然后把大意拼凑起来,整个长句的意思就会明白六、七分。 3、辨别分句:一个长句如果是由几个并列、转折、递进、对比关系的分句组成,句中往往有表示这些分句关系的连接词,只要能弄清楚分句和分句之间的逻辑关系,再把各层分句的意思加以连贯,整个长句的句意基本上能跃然脑中。 4、寻找关键词:如果一个句子看完,一点句意的感觉也没有,下下策就是抓住句中的关键词,通过关键词大体弄懂这个长句的意思。
发现相似题
与“阅读理解。 Apple Inc co-founder and former CEO Steve Jobs, c..”考查相似的试题有:
174291351611339930339906374035363667what can people use ipod for?_百度知道all rights reserved: no photos or content may be reproduced without prior written consent
Recipe: alfajores macarons
It’s amazing what you can accomplish when you have a group of people who are willing to work hard together.
On Friday I met with a group of ladies for a bridal shoot.
No, I am not a wedding photographer AT ALL, and here I was teaching a couple of friends about shooting weddings!
We had a lovely bride-to-be who was willing to drive up to Boulder and don her beautiful new dress and sit in the dirt and dry, prickly weeds for our shoot in the hot sun and blowing dust.
who wouldn’t marry this woman?
it’s all about the accessories
Lynn was a dream to work with: cooperative, patient, very sweet, and she looked awesome.
Beth and Erin were terrific assistants and when it came time for each of them to shoot, they each did a great job.
Considering we were shooting at the worst time of day, it went really well and Lynn loved the photos.
in the grasses
beth and erin resting in the shade of my car after a long and hot shoot
And now fall is really here!
There were plenty of leaf peepers around the mountains today.
I’m glad to see that so many people enjoy the fall colors although I’ll be happy when they are out of my frame while I am shooting during the week :)
hint of reds
still lots of green aspen
There is snow in our forecast for the next several days, which I’m quite excited about.
It’s not even technically autumn yet.
I used to associate fall with the start of a sports season – whatever sport I was playing (field hockey or volleyball).
These days my thoughts immediately turn to the fall shoot, fall hikes, snow, and… ski season :)
I also find my cooking mojo kicking into gear once more now that it’s cool enough to turn on the stove or oven.
That has me thinking about apples, pomegranates, persimmons, roasting vegetables, hot spiced drinks, crock pot recipes… and a GIVEAWAY!
It’s been a while, hasn’t it?
That’s because I couldn’t decide on what to give away.
That is, until I got one of these:
a 16Gb ipod nano
It came with my new laptop, but Jeremy and I both have iphones, so we were like, “We don’t need the nano.”
The lady at the Apple store said it was free, so I said, “I’ll take the nano.”
But I’m not keen on keeping stuff that I don’t need and I figured it would make a great prize for someone who would like to have 16 gigs worth of music, podcasts, and other aural stimuli in a shiny, black device as big as a business card.
It’s
brand-spanking-new, slick, and comes in its own Apple Sleeping Beauty clear faux-glass (plastic) case.
How ’bout that?!
So how can you make this little pal your own?
The Rules: To enter, leave a comment on THIS post telling me what is quintessential autumn for you!
Please, no novels.
One entry/comment per person.
Multiple comments by the same author will result in disqualification and deletion.
You have until midnight (MST), Sunday, September 27th, to enter.
The winner will be chosen at random (method was officially approved by resident astrophysicist) in San Francisco and announced on Monday, the 28th of September.
I will ship anywhere in the world.
Good luck!
Several months back I was walking the aisles of my local Asian grocery store when I ran across a container of dulce de leche… from Argentina.
I first had dulce de leche during a field season in Argentina.
We had it with breakfast, we had it with dessert, and most of all, we had it in alfajores, those delicate little Argentine cookies with dulce de leche sandwiched in between.
I immediately placed the container in my basket.
When I got home, the first thing I did was dip a spoon in and have a taste.
Lots of good memories came back to me.
Of course, the obvious recipe to make would be alfajores.
But no… I had egg whites to use up.
measuring powdered sugar by weight
blanched almonds ready to be ground
Why not a vanilla macaron with dulce de leche?
It’s my bastardization of the macaron, or perhaps the alfajor, or perhaps both.
I just liked it because it looked like the alfajor, but French macarons tend to jettison any pastry into the stratosphere.
That’s the nature of the French mac.
scrape out the vanilla seeds
mix vanilla bean seeds with sugar
I really liked the subtle specks of vanilla bean seeds in the macarons, but I worried that the flavor would be baked away.
No need to worry – the macs were fragrant with that warm, floral hint of vanilla.
The dulce de leche is a little messier to deal with than buttercream or ganache, but it sticks like a dream when you sandwich it between the cookies.
These were sort of like alfajores, but not…
they are chewier, nuttier.
I quite loved them.
letting the cookies dry before baking
filling the pastry bag with dulce de leche
As is my MO, I brought some macs to town when I met with Jeremy and an out-of-town friend for dinner.
I gave her a bunch and I also handed some off to Andrew whose office was just down the street from the bus station.
My girlfriend really enjoyed the macs, as did Andrew.
Andrew emailed me, “The cookies were amazing! One co-worker said, ‘That is the best thing I’ve put in my mouth in a couple years.'”
Well, there you have it.
dulce de leche love
Alfajores Macarons
adapted from
110g blanched almonds
200g powdered sugar
seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean
50 g sugar
3 egg whites (about 100 g), aged a day, room temperature*
dulce de leche
*Helen said I could use egg whites that have been in the refrigerator for 2-3 days or longer and I’ve used some as old as 4-5 days with equally good results. Just be sure to bring them to room temperature.
Pulse almonds in a food processor until finely ground. Add the powdered sugar and pulse until well-blended.
Split the half vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape the seeds into the granulated sugar and whisk gently until mixed.
Whip the egg whites until foamy and gradually add the granulated sugar while whipping until a shiny meringue forms (but not too dry). Add the almond mixture to the meringue and quickly incorporate the mixture into the meringue while taking care not to overbeat. You want to achieve a batter that flows and “ribbons” for at least 5 seconds. Pour the batter into a piping bag fitted with a large plain piping tip (Ateco 809 or 807) and pipe small rounds onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. The rounds should be about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and at least an inch apart.
Sea-level: Let the macarons sit out for an hour to develop a hard shell.
@8500 ft. (and my low humidity): Let macarons sit out for 30-40 minutes until a hard shell develops.
Preheat oven to 300°F. Bake for 8-10 minutes, depending on size.
Let cool. Remove from parchment paper. Pipe dulce de leche onto a macaron and sandwich with a second macaron. Makes about 24.
September 21st,
filed under , , ,
leave a reply
September 2009

我要回帖

更多关于 people can fly 的文章

随机推荐